T4ERI AND SOCIAL INCLUSION
THROUGH MUSEUMS IN BORDER AREAS:
THE NEW ICOM 2022 DEFINITION
October 3, 2022 | The University of Trieste
We will hold the Trieste Regional Policy Roundtable on 3rd October 2022 from 5pm to 7pm.The title of this event will be: T4ERI and social inclusion through museums in border areas: the new ICOM 2022 definition.
This roundtable reflects the will to discuss how, and to what extent, our region can implement the new definition of ‘inclusive’, as recently established by ICOM, the International Council of Museums, in Prague.
he content of the roundtable is well illustrated by the following sentence: “A museum is a not-for-profit, permanent institution in the service of society that researches, collects, conserves, interprets and exhibits tangible and intangible heritage. Open to the public, accessible and inclusive, museums foster diversity and sustainability. They operate and communicate ethically, professionally and with the participation of communities, offering varied experiences for education, enjoyment, reflection and knowledge sharing.”
The event, moderated by Prof. Roberta Altin and Prof. Tullia Catalan from the University of Trieste, will be divided into two parts:
- 1st part: prof. Catherine Brice of the Paris-Est Créteil University and Dr. Mario Buletic, Curator of the Ethnographic Museum of Istria, in Pazin (Croatia) will introduce the topic of the roundtable;
- 2nd part: stakeholders will engage in a debate around the new definition of ‘participative museum’, as defined by ICOM, starting from questions by the moderators.
The following Stakeholders have been invited:
- ERPAC (Regional Body for Cultural and Artistic Heritage)
- AREA Science Park
- Historical Museum of the Miramare Castle Park
- Risiera di San Sabba National Monument and Museum (former concentration camp)
- San Giusto Castle Museum
- Historic and Artistic Museums – Municipality of Trieste
- “Carlo and Vera Wagner” Museum of the Jewish Community
- The event will be live-streamed and anyone can participate.