The Institute of Film and Theatre Arts is a scientific and artistic institute of the Krzysztof Kieślowski Film School of the University of Silesia in Katowice. It carries out creative activities in the field of film arts, photography and theatrical arts.
The activities of the Institute include, among others:
- Conducting and supporting scientific and artistic research in the discipline of film and theatre arts,
- Organizing and co-organizing scientific, artistic and cultural events promoting the art of film,
- Organizing and participating in conferences, seminars, trainings and scientific sessions,
- Own publications and publication of scientific articles,
- Participation in projects promoting film art,
- Organizing the international festival of short films, Węgiel Film Festival.
The work of the Institute is managed by a team of representatives of the world of film, culture, science and literature, whose work in the form of cinematographic, television and theatrical forms has a significant reach in Poland and Europe.
Photographs by Krzysztof Szlapa.