Registration of study candidates from Ukraine
Candidates to studies offered by the University of Silesia in Katowice register through the Online Application System, available at: https://irk.us.edu.pl/irk/site/index?lang=en.
Admission process for Ukrainian citizens to the University of Silesia in Katowice is also possible through the Online Admission System for Candidates from Ukraine, available at: https://ukraina.irk.edu.pl/en-gb/. Only the individuals who meet the criteria of the Polish Act of 12 March 2022 on assistance to Ukrainian citizens in connection with the armed conflict on the territory of the country can apply through this system.
The candidates who are not Polish citizens are encouraged to read the information on admission to studies at the University of Silesia published at: https://us.edu.pl/kandydat/en/cudzoziemcy/.
The Ukrainian citizens who are not subject to temporary protection in connection with the armed conflict in the territory of Ukraine
- use subsidiary protection in the territory of Poland;
- have a valid Card of the Pole;
- have the permanent resident status in the EU;
- have a permanent residence permit in the territory of Poland;
- have the refugee status in the territory of Poland;
- have been confirmed as a person of Polish descent;
- are an EU/EFTA state citizens or its family member residing in Poland;
- are a spouse, child or parent of a Polish citizen and live in the territory of Poland;
- have been granted a temporary residence permit for the purpose of family reunion (Art. 159(1) of the Act on Foreigners);
- have been granted a temporary residence permit, because they have a long-term resident’s EU residence permit granted by another EU member state, or are family members of a foreigner with whom they stayed in the territory of another EU member state and accompany them or want to reunite with them (Art. 186 of the Act on Foreigners)
shall go through admission process using the traditional admission system, i.e. IRK UŚ, based on the same rules as other candidates for studies.
The Ukrainian citizens who came from Ukraine to the territory of Poland from 24 February 2022 and were granted temporary protection in Poland
pursuant to Section 1(1) of the Polish Act of 12 March 2022 on assistance to Ukrainian citizens in connection with the armed conflict on the territory of the country (hereinafter referred to as Special Purpose Act) (Journal of Laws of 2022, Item 583 with further amendments), can be provided additional support during admission process to studies for the academic year 2022/23.
The candidates from Ukraine who crossed the border from 24 February 2022 can apply for studies at the University of Silesia in Katowice through the Polish nationwide Online Application System (IRK for Ukraine).
Admission process through the Online Application System for Ukraine allows to:
- register for selected study programmes offered by the University of Silesia within the defined limits
- extend the deadline for submitting the required documents,
- adjust the requirements to the recruitment capacities of candidates
- be exempt from the recruitment fee.
The admission criteria are determined separately for particular studies and define the subjects, their number and weight to be taken into consideration when calculating the qualification results.
The admission process to studies for candidates from Ukraine began on 6 June 2022.
It consists of two stages:
- Stage I (online) – registration in the Online Admission System for Candidates from Ukraine and submitting application for the selected degree programme.
- Stage II (at the headquarters of the university) – following the publication of the list of results of qualification procedure, the candidates who were qualified shall enroll for studies and submit the required documents in the dean’s office of the selected faculty of the University of Silesia.
Stage I – before the qualification procedure
- Create the account and complete full registration in the Online Application System for Ukraine.
- Confirm your status and upload scans of the following documents in the Online Application System for Ukraine:
- official confirmation of arrival in the territory of the Republic of Poland from the territory of Ukraine due to the military operations in this country from 24 February 2022;
- document authorising for education at the relevant level of studies in the country of issue, and if you do not have such a document, scanned statement on qualifications to take up studies;
- document confirming the knowledge level of the language of instruction in speech and writing or relevant declaration.
If you do not have a document confirming the knowledge level of the language of instruction at least at B2 level, you will be obliged to submit a relevant document, or else the decision on admission for studies will be repealed on the following dates:
- up to one month from the day of beginning the education cycle – confirmation of enrolling in the Polish or English language course;
- up to four months from the day of beginning the education cycle – confirmation of achieving the level of language fluency in Polish or English at least at A2 level;
- up to eight months from the day of beginning the education cycle – confirmation of achieving the level of language fluency in Polish or English at B2 level.
Stage II of admission process – upon announcing the lists of qualified students
- Submit the complete set of documents https://us.edu.pl/en/kandydat/rekrutacja-na-studia-krok-po-kroku/wymagane-dokumenty/ We do not require you to have your educational documents apostille stamped or legalised, or have your high school graduation certificate or graduate degree diploma issued in a different language than Polish or English translated by a sworn translator.
- If you do not have any of the above-mentioned documents, please submit a declaration that you have the proper qualifications authorising you to take up the relevant studies at the University of Silesia and that there are circumstances preventing you from submitting the required documents.