Doctoral seminar and tutoring
- PhD individual plan
- Instrukcja wypełniania planu zajęć indywidualnych i fakultatywnych w Szkole Doktorskiej
- Instructions for filling of individual and optional classes at the Doctoral School
More information about tutoring: tutoring ekspercki w Szkole Doktorskiej
Schedule for the 2019/2020 Academic year - Summer Semester
Preparation and implementation of the research project
The work takes place both in groups and in the form of individual consultations. Classes are conducted in cooperation with Supervisors who will provide substantive support in the preparation of the application process .
Classes’ success is based on the preparation of the application (by the end of the term) and submission of the grant application (no later than June 30, 2021).
The field of science and natural sciences, and engineering and technology
Research Projects Leaders
- prof. dr hab. Marian Paluch (e-mail), mode of classes agreed with the lecturer
- dr hab. Rafał Podeszwa, prof. UŚ (e-mail), online classes from 24/03 via video presentations, sending and consulting projects
- dr hab. Michał Zatoń, prof. UŚ (e-mail), online classes from 23/03 via the Hangouts platform
PhD students are required to choose their group based on their personal scientific interests . Registration took place in February and March. If a PhD student has not yet signed up for classes or wants to change group, he/she should contact the Tutor in order to determine the rules of participation and the doctoral school’s office for official registration.
The field of humanities, theology and the arts
Classes open to everyone:
- prof. dr hab. Adam Dziadek (e-mail), lecture 4.03, next online consultation
- dr Monika Mansfeld (e-mail address for the information of PhD students and the PhD office), first meeting: 24 of February at 10:30, Bankowa 14, room 408, next meetings online via Teams or Skype according to the leader’s schedule and through individual consultations of the submitted works
- dr Dawid Matuszek (e-mail), first meeting: 24 of February at 16:00, Bankowa 14, room 408, next work on-line according to the lecturer’s schedule.
Registration for classes took place in February. If a PhD student has not yet signed up for classes or wants to change group, he/she should contact the tutor to determine the rules of participation and the PhD school’s office for registration.
The field of social sciences
- dr hab. Magdalena Habdas, prof. UŚ (e-mail) – legal studies, the others to choose – April 28 11: 30-13: 00 via the Teams or Jitsi platform – subscribers will receive an invitation in the form of a link. Then – individual consultations available
- dr hab. Katarzyna Ślebarska, prof. UŚ (e-mail) – psychology, others to choose – 6 April – lecture sent in the form of a presentation (to registered persons) with a schedule of further actions. Following that: individual consultations
- dr Dorota Kiebzak-Mandera (email address for the office and class participants) – classes via the Teams platform.
All PhD students participate in the introductory classes of dr hab. Magdalena Habdas and one study group of dr Dorota Kiebzak-Mandera, and then work with the lecturer in a consultative mode (in cooperation with the Supervisor).
Registration for classes took place in March. If a PhD student has not signed up for classes or wants to change group, he/she should contact the tutor to determine the rules of participation as well as the PhD school’s office for registration.
Lecturer: dr hab. Monika Jagielska, prof. UŚ (e-mail), dr hab. Mariusz Jagielski, prof. US (e-mail)
Dates: Thursdays from March 26 according to the schedule provided by the lecturers
Platform: Teams (lectures), Jitsi (individual consultations).
Classes are conducted in four groups, the fourth group is in English.
Registration for classes took place at the beginning of March. If a PhD student has not signed up for classes or wants to change group, he/she should contact the tutor to determine the rules of participation and the PhD school’s office for registration.
Planning a scientific career
Form of online implementation: Classes preliminary content will be sent in the form of presentations to all participants with tasks to be performed. Then – individual consultations.
Lecturer: dr Andrzej Boczarowski
Deadlines for sending : 24.04, 8.05, 15.05, 22.05 (Fridays)
Classes are conducted in Polish. note: We will inform you soon regarding the date of classes for English-speaking Ph.D students.
Registration for classes took place at the beginning of March. If the PhD student has not signed up for classes, please contact the school’s office.
English language courses
Classes are conducted in six groups throughout the term, from 27.02. On-line classes are conducted at the same hours as previous full-time classes, unless the lecturer decides otherwise.
- 1, level C1, mgr Iwona Wojtala, Thursday 11: 30-13: 00
- 2, level C1, mgr Iwona Wojtala, Thursday 9: 45-11: 15
- 3, level B2, Dr Maria Stec, Thursday 11: 30-13: 00
- 4, level B2, Dr Maria Stec, Thursday 9: 45-11: 15, Bankowa 14
- 5, level B1-B2, mgr Katarzyna Banaś-Sieradzka, Thursday 9: 45-11: 15
- 6, level A2, MA Katarzyna Banaś-Sieradzka, Thursday 11: 30-13: 00
There won’t be registration for classes .
The aim of the course is to raise the selected competences that are to help Ph.D students in their scientific development as well as for the preparation of the doctoral dissertation. This semester the PhD School offers two optional classes implemented on-line (the third, previously planned classes have been canceled).
- Computer graphics in science – graphic design, for publication in the Corel environment. Lecturer: dr Andrzej Boczarowski (e-mail). Classes in the form of presentations sent by the teacher, performing tasks and then on-line consultations. Deadlines for submitting presentations: April 3, April 17. Classes in Polish.
- Economy 3.0, i.e. what is changing in the world (e.g. Tokenization of operations, Smart Contracts, Blockchain), 10 hours, dr hab. Dariusz Szostek, prof. UO. Classes in the form of lectures and online activities, May 5 and 12 (hours to be agreed). Classes in Polish.
Registration for all classes took place in March. Please inform the Ph.D School office about any changes.