Transform4Europe invites you to take part in the Festival of European Culture, taking place on 24-28 April at the University of Silesia in Katowice.
During these 5 days, you will be able to experience various forms of artistic creation within a wide choice of film and artistic workshops, as well as discover the flavours of the Silesian cuisine and Cieszyn Land.
We invite you to take part, among others, in film workshops at Krzysztof Kieślowski Film School at the University of Silesia in Katowice regarding such topics as:
- Visual effects in films,
- Photography and new media art,
- Camera movement – panning,
- Advertising photography workshops;
- Polish film music,
- Student films,
- Working with actors;
- Colour – correction in films, the magic of post-production.
Since music is a universal language that breaks the shackles of divisions and cultural differences, the event will be full of such experiences as well – during the Gala Concert at the Concert Hall at Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice, musicians will perform the Anthem of Transform4Europe. The Concert will also feature performances by international music ensembles from partner universities.
The USil Faculty of Arts and Educational Science in Cieszyn invites you to take part in artistic workshops that will reign over participants’ imaginations and spark their creativity:
- paratheatrical workshops: body, motion, human, object;
- dancing workshops: ‘motion of the nature’;
- Creature – workshops for transforming your clothes and creating a new one from the old with a large dose of creativity. Sewing, transforming, recycling, zero waste;
- EGOsystem – an exhibition of clothes, accessories, unique fabric and objects;
- Black Light Theatre – guest theatrical performance;
- ‘Ja-My z tej ziemi.’ Self-portrait Socio-Art workshops;
- Game Jam – 48h non-stop gaming workshop (creating a prototype of the 2023 T4EU computer game);
- Pavement art mural at the Campus;
- Poster and its social impact – workshops;
- Monotype in graphic paint – once and for all!;
- Linocut – block printing;
- Ceramics in plaster forms;
- Put your print on – lithography workshops;
- Create your own comic book hero – conceptual workshops by the Studio for Comics, Narrative Art, Layout and Publishing Graphics;
- Joy of Fusing – workshops in the artistic glass atelier;
- Keep Cup – workshops of applied arts, create a ‘real work of art’;
- Performative workshop – Rose &Jazz;
- Simulation games – we will touch on crucial social issues such as exclusion, gender equality, disabilities, and poverty.
All of this could not lack an integration day – we would love us all to get to know each other and make new friendships which will bear the fruits of international collaboration. Friendship, emotions, art and relationships – these are the themes of our tourism and art integration.
The mountainside of Cieszyn Land takes people’s breath away – and that’s the point, to merge our ideas and actions into one huge student event. May the flavours of our regional cuisine and student music attract you to this amazing event of fortifying the Transform4Europe Alliance in European culture.
The Festival participants will be provided with lunch on 25-27 April 2023.
The organiser DOES NOT cover accommodation costs during the Festival in Katowice and Cieszyn.
The application form for USil students is available at formularze.us.edu.pl.
The number of places is limited. The participants will be selected based on the assessment of applications that are due on 24 March 2023.
Make sure to register for the T4EU Festival of European Culture and take part in this extraordinary event!