Professor Hristo Kyuchukov
Staff group: research-teaching staff
– 1991 MA from Sofia University, Bulgaria. Major: primary school education
– 1992 MA from Sofia University, Bulgaria. Major: psycholinguistics
– 1992-1993 Stockholm University, study in linguistics
– 1995 Ph.D. from the University of Amsterdam in general linguistics (psycholinguistics)
– 1998 Ph.D. form the Bulgarian High Attestation Commission in pedagogy
– 1999 Associate professor of social sciences from the Bulgarian High Attestation Commission in pedagogy
– 2002 DrSc from the Bulgarian High Attestation Commission in Educational Science
– 2016 Professor from the University of Matej Bel, Banska Bystrica, Slovakia in general linguistics (psycholinguistics)
– Roma education
– Bilingual education of minority children
Main achievements, distinctions, awards
– Roma Integration Award, by Amaro Foro e. V. , Berlin, Germany for my work on Integration of Roma in Europe
– Award by the Amico Rom in Lanciano, Italy and Ministry of Culture of Italy for career achievements, publication and research on Roma throughout the years
– Award of the Rector of the University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland “The best Professor of the year” for 2018/2019 academic year.
– Award-medal from the Russian Roma Federation in Moscow for my work with Russian Roma over the last 20 years.
– Award by Amaro Drom e.V., Germany for the International day of Romani Language, November 5, for my work on Romani language
– Award from the Shuto Orizari Community in Skopje, North Macedonia, for my work on Romani Language in Europe.
Fellowships, study visits
– Romani language and culture among Roma of Lima, Peru
– Romani language and culture among Roma of Chile
– Roma children and their language development, Moscow, Russia
– Tatar and Bashkir children’s bilingualism in Russia.
Membership in scientific and editorial boards
– Member of the editorial board of the “East European Journal of Psycholinguistics”, Ukraine
– Member of the Editorial Board of “Psychology” journal, Russia.
– Member of the Editorial Board of the “Sociolinguistic Studies” journal, published in England.
– Member of the Editorial Board of “Intercultural Education” journal, England.
– Associate Editor of “Psychology of Language and Communication” journal, de Gruyter, Germany.