Appendix to Ordinance No 103
of the Rector of the University of Silesia in Katowice
of 1st August 2018
Regulations of the ‟Graduate with Passion” poll of the University of Silesia in Katowice
- These Regulations define the rules of the ‟Graduate with Passion” poll.
- The terms used in these Regulations take the following meanings:
- University – the University of Silesia in Katowice;
- Rector – the Rector of the University of Silesia in Katowice;
- Commission – the Commission of the “Graduate with Passion” poll;
- Title – the title “Graduate with Passion”;
- Graduate – a graduate whose application for the “Graduate with Passion” poll has been submitted;
- Form – an application form for the poll.
- The title is awarded by the Commission referred to in § 5 (2) of these Regulations, on the basis of online voting referred to in § 2 (5) of these Regulations.
- The title is a distinction for a graduate for his/ her interests, which he/ she pursues with full commitment, as well as for active, outstanding and significant social work, and for individual achievements in the field of culture, science or sports.
- The assessment of the application concerns the activities undertaken by the Graduate in the period from completion of the studies of any form and degree at the University, till the last day for submitting applications for the Title.
- The candidates for the Title may be the graduates of full-time and part-time studies, 1st cycle, 2nd cycle and long-cycle studies, as well as the graduates of full-time and part-time doctoral studies (3rd cycle) offered by the University.
- The candidate for the Title must have the status of a graduate of the University on the day of submitting the application.
- A Graduate may apply for the Title more than once, yet only if he/she has not been awarded the title in earlier editions of the poll.
Rules governing award of the Title
- The title is awarded according to the poll procedure. Candidates submit their own applications and their submission constitutes acceptance of the Regulations. Graduates may be nominated by others, however with a written consent of the Graduate, which means his/her acceptance of the Regulations.
- The basic criterion for awarding the Title is assessment of the value and significance of the projects undertaken by the Graduates and evaluation of their individual achievements. The assessment is made by the Commission.
- Applications for the Title should be submitted in the period of time specified on the website: www.absolwent.us.edu.pl, by e-mail or by post to the address: Dział Promocji, ul. Bankowa 12, 40-007 Katowice (with a note „Absolwent z Pasją” [“The Graduate with Passion”]), after announcement of the commencement of the poll procedure, on the application forms available on the website.
- When deadline for the receipt of applications for a given year has passed, online vote will be launched, which will be open to everyone willing to participate. The aim of the vote is selection of the “Graduate with Passion” of the year. On the basis of votes cast, the Commission will award the title of “Graduate with Passion” of a given year.
Processing of personal data
- The Candidate for the title, by submitting his/her application, accepts these Regulations and makes declarations contained in the Form.
- The Form is attached as Appendix 1 to these Regulations.
- The personal data of this project’s participants will be processed in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) of 27th April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), hereinafter referred to as EU Regulation, as well as the Act on Protection of Personal Data of 10th May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000), and documentation concerning processing of personal data.
GDPR information clause
In compliance with the obligation expressed in art. 13 of EU Regulation, we provide detailed information regarding the processing of personal data, as follows:
- Personal data controller
The controller of your personal data is the University of Silesia in Katowice. It may be contacted in the following way:
- by post to the address: ul. Bankowa 12, 40-007 Katowice
- by e-mail: email@example.com
- Data protection officer
You can contact the data protection officer in all matters regarding processing of your personal data and the exercise of your rights related to data processing, in the following way:
- by post to the address: ul. Bankowa 12, 40-007 Katowice
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The purposes of data processing and the legal basis for processing
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is, according to Article 6 (1) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) of 27th April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation):
- Your voluntary consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of organising the “Graduate with passion” poll.
- Your voluntary consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of organising the diplomas award ceremony for the best graduates of the University of Silesia.
- Period of personal data storage
We shall keep your personal data until you revoke your consent to their processing.
- Data Recipients
We may transfer your personal data to the entities processing them on our behalf – an electronic platform where voting in the “Graduate with Passion” poll will be conducted.
- Rights related to the processing of personal data and making automatic decisions
You have the following rights related to the processing of personal data:
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data,
- the right of access to your personal data,
- the right to request that your incorrect personal data be corrected and that your incomplete personal data be completed,
- the right to request deletion of your personal data, especially if your consent to the processing is withdrawn, when there is no other legal basis for their processing,
- the right to request limitation of your personal data processing,
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data, due to your specific situation, in cases when we process your data due to our legitimate interest, including direct marketing,
- the right to transfer your personal data, i.e. the right to receive your personal data from us, in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. You may transfer this data to another data controller or request that we transfer your data to another data controller. However, we will only do so if such transfer is technically possible. You have the right to transfer personal data only in respect to the data that we process on the basis of
agreements made with you or on the basis of your consent,
- the right not to be subject only to automated decision-making, including profiling,
- the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority dealing with personal data protection, i.e. the President of the Personal Data Protection Office [Prezes Urzędu Ochrony Danych Osobowych].
The right to withdraw your consent
In respect to the data that are processed on the basis of your consent – you have the right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect legality of the processing that has been performed on the basis of your consent before its withdrawal. You can withdraw your consent by sending declaration in that matter to our address or email.
Evaluation of the application
- Only the appropriate application Form will undergo substantive assessment in the poll. For the purposes of formal assessment, a candidate for the Title may attach to the application the documentation confirming passions, interests and achievements reported by him/her.
- Documents shall in particular include certificates, attestations, opinions, references, press, Internet, radio or television materials (printed, photocopied, presented by means of a medium or a link to the open version).
- The contents of a certificate, opinion, references or other documents evidencing reported activity should be confirmed by the signature of a person managing any institution related to the reported activity (or his/her deputy) or by an employee associated with the activity in question, and a stamp. The stamp and signature requirement does not apply to press releases, Internet, radio, television materials, or title pages of publications. Documentation constituting an annex to the application may only be supplied in a photocopy format. It does not require additional signatures or stamps.
- All documents should be submitted on one occasion. Documents should be numbered and filed in a white A4 folder with a written name and surname of the Graduate or sent in electronic form to the address indicated on ww.absolwent.us.edu.pl.
- The Commission shall verify the information provided upon registration.
- At the Commission’s request candidates must present the originals of the submitted documents. Original documents will be returned.
- The Rector appoints the Commission, which is a subsidiary body for content-related and organisational issues regarding the poll.
- The Commission shall be composed of:
- the chairman of the Commission – Vice-Rector for Domestic and International Cooperation;
- a representative of the Career Office;
- a representative of the Promotion Department;
- a representative of the Rector’s Office;
- a representative of the Student Government;
- the winner of the previous edition of the poll.
- The Commission may appoint from among its members a Secretary of the Commission.
- The Commission takes into consideration the contents of the Graduate’s application, but may also consult those who have knowledge of the activities of a given candidate.
- In cases not provided for in these Regulations, decisions are taken by the Chairman of the Commission.
- The results of the poll will be officially announced at the diploma award ceremony for the best graduates.