Computer Science - full-time, second-cycle studies
study language - english
The Faculty of Science and Technology offers an MSc in Computer Science programme which aims at educating a graduate especially proficient in IT knowledge, both theoretically and practically. The Faculty enhances relations between education, research and economy within the frame of a knowledge triangle. A wide range of subjects to choose from gives students possibilities of creating such an educational path, which corresponds to the students’ scientific interests and professional plans. It fulfills the strategy assumptions, which put a special emphasis on improving the programs flexibility. Special attention in creating this educational program was also paid to the co-operation with various IT companies and their needs, which goal is to build a system of innovative education. Thanks to such practices, the graduate is competitive at the labour market.
A graduate from MSc in Computer Science:
- Possesses grounded knowledge and skills in advanced IT fields.
- Possesses skills of analytic and synthetic thinking that allow to apply non-standard approaches to various practical problems requiring analysis, developing or adapting advanced IT technologies.
- Possesses the skill of developing IT solutions on the basis of mathematical models and is able to evaluate these solutions, test them and ensure their security.
- Is aware of the importance and results of IT engineer professional activities and understands the meaning of intellectual honesty.
- Can present advanced IT content in verbal and written forms and rationally discuss them.
- Possesses the skill of individual knowledge widening and deepening within the frames of current IT trends.
- Possesses high qualifications and skills in the field of IT that makes him competitive on the labour market.
The Computer Science programme is accredited by the Polish Accreditation Committee which guarantees studies at a respectable level and access to the skills of a qualified academic staff. Thanks to the cooperation established with companies from the IT industry, studies at the Faculty of Science and Technology mean also additional opportunities in the form of workshops, trainings, conferences, thanks to which students gain practical knowledge indispensable on the labor market. We have a long-lasting relationship with Microsoft, Oracle and Cisco.
Studies are conducted in English.