Within the field of study programme there are majors in:
- mathematical methods of computer science,
- mathematical modelling,
- mathematics in finance and economics,
- teaching specialty – teaching of mathematics and chemistry,
- teaching specialty – teaching of mathematics and computer science,
- theoretical mathematics.
First cycle students of Mathematics with a teacher training programme who are involved in the project receive a laptop (with Office software) for the whole duration of their education and participate in workshops on a modern multimedia board usage. They can take advantage of the tutoring offer. The graduate has the right to teach two subjects: mathematics and computer science in primary and high schools.
In teh second cycle studies, students acquire comprehensive and in-depth mathematical knowledge which enables them to continue their studies at doctoral school or to become professional mathematicians. As part of the second cycle studies, the following majors are conducted:
- mathematical methods in computer Science
- mathematical modelling
- mathematics for finance and economics
- teaching specialty – Teaching of mathematics and computer science
- theoretical mathematics
Students of this faculty can participate in the Intermaths programme, under which they study their first year at the University of Silesia and the second one at L’Università degli Studi dell’Aquila in Italy, where they can choose from two specializations: Interdisciplinary Mathematics or Scientific Computing. Participants in the programme benefit from co-financing to cover the costs of studying in Italy, and graduates receive two diplomas of completion of second cycle studies – of home and partner universities.