Lists of accepted candidates
The Faculty Admission Commission starts the qualification procedure when the on-line registration of candidates for a given programme is closed. The exact times when the lists of candidates accepted for particular programmes will appear on-line are to be found in the IRK Catalogue of Programmes (https: //irk.us.edu.pl/irk/application/catalog), in the admission timetables for each programme (see under: Information about the programme).
Lists of accepted candidates are published at: https://irk.us.edu.pl/listy/
In accordance with the regulations on personal data protection, the lists are only visible for candidates registered in the IRK system.
The lists include the deadlines and the place where you should submit your documents to register as a student. This information will also be sent to your IRK account if you have been accepted. In addition, this information is available in the IRK system, in the admission timetables for each programme.
Please note that being accepted is not the end of the admission process, you are not a student yet! In order to register as a student for a programme of your choice, you have to meet a few further requirements, i.e. submit all the necessary documents at the dean’s office.
Status of candidates in the qualification procedure
- Accepted candidate (kandydat zakwalifikowany) – a candidate who is accepted for the programme of his/her choice (and appears on the list of accepted candidates), on the basis of the points s/he was awarded and the limit of available places for the programme of his/her choice, or on the basis of his/her registration in the IRK system and submitting the necessary documents, if the criterion of points does not apply for the programme of his/her choice. An accepted candidate has the duty to submit all the necessary documents and register as a student at the specified place and time.
- ‘Olympics’ winner (olimpijczyk) – a candidate who is accepted for a programme of his/her choice outside the regular admission process, on the basis of a certificate confirming that s/he is the winner or a finalist of a scientific ‘Olympics’ at the national level, or a winner of an international or national contest.
- Candidate on the waiting list (kandydat wpisany na listę rezerwową) – a candidate who has not been awarded the minimum number of points required to secure one of available places for the programme of his/her choice and has not been accepted, but is on the waiting list of candidates who may be accepted later on if some of the accepted candidates do not register for the programme of their choice.
- Rejected candidate (kandydat niezakwalifikowany) – a candidate who does not meet the admission criteria for the programme or major of his/her choice.
- Admitted candidate (kandydat przyjęty) – a candidate who has been accepted, has submitted all the necessary documents and has registered as a student for the programme of his/her choice.
- Unadmitted candidate (kandydat nieprzyjęty) – a rejected candidate, or an accepted candidate who has not submitted the necessary documents at the specified place and time or failed the entrance exam, or a candidate who has not been admitted due to lack of available places.
The candidates who have not been accepted by the Faculty Admission Commission for the programme of their choice because all the available places have been awarded to candidates with higher point scores are on the waiting list. After the registration deadline for the accepted candidates, some places may still be unfilled. If this is the case, the Faculty Admission Commission will decide to accept some of the candidates from the waiting list, in accordance with the point score ranking. If you are on the waiting list and the Faculty Admission Commission informs you that you have been accepted, you should submit your documents to register as a student at the place and time specified by the Commission.
On the day when the results of the qualification procedure are announced, Katarzyna Igrekowska is on the 300th position on the ranking list. The limit of available places for the programme of her choice is 250, so Katarzyna is not accepted. After a few days it turns out that some of the candidates accepted for the programme have not registered as students. Consequently, Katarzyna moves to 210th position on the ranking list and is accepted by the Faculty Admission Commission. Respecting the deadline specified by the Commission, Katarzyna submits all the required documents and registers as a student at the dean’s office. As a result, she becomes an admitted candidate.
Additional admission procedures
If an admission procedure is closed, but there are still some places left for a given programme or major, the Faculty Admission Commission may decide:
• to finish the qualification procedure without filling these places;
• to open another admission procedure.
If the Commission decides to open another admission procedure, the IRK system will show that you can apply for a given programme or major. The times when you can apply will be specified in the IRK Catalogue of Programmes (https://irk.us.edu.pl/irk/application/catalog), in the description of individual programmes (see under: Information about the programme).