Photos for the Electronic Student ID (ELS – Elektroniczna Legitymacja Studencka)
Your photo for the Electronic Student ID should meet the same requirements as a passport photo (i.e. a biometric photo).
- A biometric photo is required, it should meet the following criteria: light background with no patterns, uniform lighting, good focus and contrast, showing the natural colour of the skin, showing the image from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders so that the face occupies 70-80% of the photo, clearly showing the eyes, especially the pupils, with visible eyebrows, depicting the person in a frontal position and maintaining vertical symmetry, without headwear or dark glasses, the person should be looking straight at the camera with open eyes not covered by hair, with a neutral face expression and closed mouth.
- The background should be plain and not too bright. The outline of the head should be clearly visible. No shadow of the head or any other additional element should be visible in the background.
- The colours should be natural. We do not accept black-and-white or sepia photos.
- The photo should be taken within the last 6 months.
- We only accept high quality photos (sharply focused, having a strong contrast, brightness uniformly spread all over the face, natural colours).
o For the Electronic Student ID, a photo in JPG format is desirable, the minimum size is 400×500 pixels. Such a photo can be printed in 20×25 mm size with good quality. Larger JPG files are also acceptable.
- The printed photo that you submit together with your documents should have the size of 45×35 mm.
- The electronic and the printed photos should be identical.
The candidate is required to upload his/her photo to the IRK system immediately when informed on being accepted. The photo needs to be verified and confirmed in the system by an employee of the University of Silesia, so please do not upload it at the very last moment! Failing to upload the photo to the IRK system will not cause you to be rejected. However, the uploaded photo is necessary to print out your application that you will need to sign when submitting your documents to be admitted to the programme of your choice.