INTELLIGENT SCHOOL EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENT FOR DISTANCE AND BLENDED LEARNING
Todorka Glushkova, Stanimir Stoyanov, Irina Krasteva, Veneta Tabakova-Komsalova Plovdiv University “Paisii Hilendarski” (Bulgaria)
Abstract: The synergy between physical and virtual space determines the need to develop Cyber-Physical Spaces (CPS) systems that are used in all areas of life, including education. The Virtual Physical Space (ViPS) is an ecosystem of the Internet of Things that is being developed at the Distributed Learning Centre (DELC) Lab of the Plovdiv University in Bulgaria. The space is the successor to the e-learning environment DeLC, providing electronic learning materials and e-services for different groups of learners. ViPS is being developed as a reference architecture that can be adapted to various Cyber-Physical-SocialSpace (CPSS) applications. The article will present an intelligent school educational multi-agent system called BLISS built on ViPS. As part of this system, we will present an electronic school diary based on Block chain technology, which will limit the ability to manipulate data sensitive to change. The goal of the system is to provide adequate and timely assistance and support to all participants in the learning process through specially developed personal assistants, while ensuring reliability and security of storing sensitive information.
Keywords: Cyber-Physical Social Space, ViPS, IoT, Blockchain technology
- Glushkova T., S. Stoyanov, I. Popchev, S. Cheresharov (2018). Ambient-Oriented Modeling in a Virtual Educational Space. Comptes rendus de l’Acad´emie bulgare des Sciences, 71(3). 398-406.
- Guglev, J., Doychev E. (2017). Achieving event-oriented behaviour in the virtual learning space through a model for event presentation and processing. In I. Staribratov (ed.) Proceedings of the Conference “Education and science – for personal and social development”, Smolyan, 2017 (pp. 31-38).
- Guo, W., Zhang, Y., Li, L. (2015). The integration of CPS, CPSS, and ITS: A focus on data, IEEE Explore, Tsinghua Science and Technology, 20(4). 327–335. DOI: 10.1109/TST.2015.7173449.
- Ivanova, V., Toskova, A., Stoyanova-Doycheva, A., Stoyanov, S. (2017). Lifelong learning in Virtual education space with intelligent assistants, In K. Zdravkova (ed.) Proceedings of the 8th Balkan Conference of Informatics, , Skopje, Article No. 19. DOI>10.1145/3136273.3136287, ISBN: 978-1-4503-5285-7, ASM New York, NY, USA, pp. 1-9, 2017.
- Moszkowski, B. (1998). Compositional reasoning using Interval Temporal Logic and Tempura, In W.-P. de Roever, H. Langmaack, and A. Pnueli (Eds): COMPOS’97, Lect. Notes in Comp. Sci. (LNCS) 1536, (pp. 439-464), 1998. Ó Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Seyoung Huh, Sangrae Cho, Soohyung Kim (2017), Managing IoT devices using blockchain platform. In SUH Byung-jo (edю) Proceedings of the IEEE, 19th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT). Opening New Era of Smart Society, Bongpyeong, South Korea, DOI>10.23919/ICACT.2017.7890132, (pp. 464-467).
- Schwab, K. (2017). The Fourth Industrial Revolution. Crown Business, USA, p. 192. ISBN-10: 9781524758868, ISBN-13: 978-1524758868
- Stoyanov, S. (2016). A Virtual Space Supporting eLearning. Proceedings of the Forty Fifth Spring Conference of the Union of Bulgarian Mathematicians, In Petar Rusev (ed.). Pleven, 6-10 April, 2016, ISSN 1313-3330, pp.72-82.
- Stoyanov, S., I. Popchev, E. Doychev, D. Mitev, V. Valkanov, A. Stoyanova-Doycheva, V. Valkanova, I. Minov (2010).
DeLC Educational Portal. Cybernetics and Information Technologies (CIT), 10(3), 49-69.
- Stoyanov, S., Stoyanova-Doycheva, A., Glushkova, T., Doychev, E. (2018), Virtual Physical Space – an architecture supporting internet of things applications. In Ivan Yatchev (ed.). Proceedings of XX-th International Symposium on Electrical Apparatus and Technologies SIELA 2018, IEEE,
3-6 June, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/SIELA.2018.8447156, Bourgas.
- Todorov, J., Valkanov, V., Stoyanov, S., Daskalov, B., Popchev, I., Orozova, D. (2017). Personal Assistants in a Virtual Education Space. In V. Sgurev, V. Jotsov, J. Kacprzyk (Eds). Practical Issues of Intelligent Innovations, (pp. 131-153) Springer Book Series “Computational Intelligence”, Springer.
- Wang, F. (2010). The Emergence of Intelligent Enterprises. From CPS to CPSS. IEEE Intelligent Systems 25(4), 85-88.
- Wooldridge, M. (2009). An Introduction to MultiAgent Systems 2nd, Wiley Publishing, 484 p. ISBN: 978-0-470-51946-2
- Zyskind, G. Nathan, O. and Pentland, A. (2015). Decentralizing Privacy: Using Blockchain to Protect Personal Data. In P. Kellenberger (ed.) Proceedings in the 2015 IEEE Security and Privacy Workshops SPW 2015, DOI: 10.1109/SPW.2015.27, ISBN: 978-1-4799-9933-0, 2015 (pp. 180-184).