Ladies and Gentlemen,
taking into consideration the recommendations of the Medical Council to the Prime Minister, the Ministry of Science and Education has informed today that the AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved for academics aged up to 69. Due to this, we have launched again the vaccination registration system for employees of the University of Silesia. Please read carefully the announcement and keep informing one another about the possibility of registration. This also applies to those of you who were entitled to vaccination in accordance with the previously stated criteria, but did not participate in the first round of vaccination for any reasons.
1. INFORMATION FOR THE INDIVIDUALS WHO WERE NOT REGISTERED FOR THE 1ST ROUND OF VACCINATION
The following groups are entitled to registration for the 2nd round of vaccination:
- academics and other individuals conducting classes aged 65-69;
- individuals who were employed at the University of Silesia after 18 February 2021 for the purpose of conducting classes;
- individuals whose applications were not positively verified before 18 February 2021 due to a lack of information in POLon system.
ATTENTION: these individuals should complete the application again.
- Other entitled individuals in accordance with the Regulation of the Council of Ministers of 14 January 2021, amending the regulation on the establishment of specific restrictions, orders and prohibitions due to the the pandemic, who did not register in the internal system until 18 February 2021 (including the individuals who did not complete their application in time or did not receive information about the possibility of vaccination).
We are continuing our efforts to extend the group of individuals entitled to vaccination with laboratory, technical and administrative employees. At this point such individuals cannot register.
- The registration has already been launched.
- The registration form is available at: https://formularze.us.edu.pl/szczepienia_covid The Ministry of Science and Education will only be provided with data of the the employees who have completed their application in time and gave their consent to vaccination.
- You can register until Wednesday, 3 March 2021, 12 p.m. (noon).
- Log in to the system using the same data as for logging in to USOS system. After completing the electronic form, the employee will receive registration confirmation by e-mail.
- If you have any technical problems or need support, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The requests are processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Data of the applicants will be provided to the Ministry of Science and Education on 2 and 3 March 2021. After this date, it will probably no longer be possible to complete the application through the University.
- In the internal registration system, apart from providing your data and giving your consent to vaccination, you will also be asked to indicate the preferred location where you would like to be vaccinated. It will be possible to indicate one out of 3 cities (Katowice, Ustroń, Sosnowiec). This will not guarantee that you will be vaccinated in the selected city, because if one vaccination point is overloaded, NFZ (National Health Fund) may decide to allocate specific patients or patient groups to other vaccination points.
2. INFORMATION FOR THE INDIVIDUALS WHO REGISTERED FOR THE 1ST ROUND OF VACCINATION
Vaccination dates and procedure:
- In accordance with the ministerial plans, the vaccination of academics and other individuals conducting classes should end until 7 March 2021.
- The information about the date when we should report to the vaccination point can be communicated to us in 3 ways:
- by SMS;
- by phone;
- by e-mail.
Therefore, please check these communication channels in the upcoming week carefully and systematically. The information is most frequently provided one or two days before the specified date. Some vaccination points require confirmation of the date.
- If you do not receive information about the vaccination date until 5 March 2021, please contact the Vaccination Coordinator at the University of Silesia by e-mail: email@example.com.
- The vaccination points for employees of the University of Silesia are selected due to the high efficiency of vaccine administration. In case of congestion, we try to move our employees to a different vaccination point.
- The individuals who selected Chorzów as the preferred location for vaccination, because of very remote possible vaccination dates due to the overloading of the hospital, will be redirected to Katowice.
- The individuals who selected Cieszyn as the preferred location for vaccination have already been redirected to the vaccination point in Ustroń.
I would like to ask you to follow carefully the vaccination thread in our internal communication as well as to check regularly the company e-mail and announcements at: www.us.edu.pl/pracownik. Please also share this information with your colleagues from the University. I am very glad that another group within our community will be able to receive the vaccine. I hope that in the near future the vaccinations will cover all employees, students and doctoral students.
Prof. Ryszard Koziołek
Rector of the University of Silesia in Katowice