The University of Silesia is a member of many international academic organizations. The representatives of the university sit on steering committees and act as experts in networks and associations of the academic community from around the world.
The university cooperates with key organizations, including European University Association (EUA), L’Agence universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) and European University Information System (EUNIS).
The Silesian Alma Mater is a member of such organizations as:
- AUF – Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie;
- CIOFF – Conseil International des Organisations de Festivals de Folklore et d’Art Traditionnels;
- CIRCEOS – Interuniversity Centre for Research and Cooperation with Eastern and South-Eastern Europe;
- EASSW – European Association of Schools of Social Work;
- ECPR – European Consortium for Political Research;
- ELFA – European Law Faculties Association;
- EUA – European University Association;
- EUCUNET – European Universities Network;
- EUNIS – European University Information Systems;
- EUPRIO – European Association of Communication Professionals in Higher Education;
- EUSEA – European Science Engagement Association;
- GSA – Genetics Society of AustralAsia Inc.;
- IAAP – International Association of Applied Psychology;
- World Piano Teachers Association.
The university is also a member of the Silesian Universities Network (SUN), which acts for the promotion of higher education institutions in the region of Silesia, the entire country as well as internationally. As part of the IROs Forum national network (International Relations Offices Forum), the University of Silesia participates in initiatives that aim to increase the quality, efficiency and scope of international cooperation of Polish higher education institutions.