For the second time, public universities in Katowice forming the Academic Consortium – Katowice City of Science organised a joint inauguration of the academic year.
The ceremony took place on 29 September 2023 in the concert hall of the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra in Katowice. The ceremony was preceded by the march of Rector’s retinues through the city streets and it ended with a concert.
The organisers of the inauguration are: Academic Consortium – Katowice City of Science (Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice, Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice, Jerzy Kukuczka Academy of Physical Education, University of Economics in Katowice, Silesian University of Technology, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, University of Silesia in Katowice), City of Katowice, Silesian Voivodeship and Metropolis GZM.
The event was held under the honorary patronage of:
- Minister of Education and Science,
- Minister of Culture and National Heritage,
- Minister of Sport and Tourism,
- Minister of Health.
The event partner was:
- Foundation for the Development of the Education System National Agency of the Erasmus+ Programme and the European Solidarity Corps
The institutional partner was:
- Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra