The joint art exhibition by the University of Silesia and the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice will take place on 25 March at 4 p.m. as part of the “City of Science for Ukraine” charity concert. The exhibition will feature works of the University of Silesia alumni and students from the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice – winners of the “Studencka Grafika 2021” (Student Graphic 2021) competition.
During the exhibition, you will have the opportunity to see:
- sculptures by the University of Silesia alumni Dawid Stobika entitled “Emeraldowe słońce – Rzeźba i film jako medium w modyfikacji Twisted Insurrection” (Emerald sun – Sculpture and film as a medium in the Twisted Insurrection mod) comprising a part of his thesis completed within the framework of the Games and Virtual Reality Design degree programme at the Faculty of Arts and Educational Science of the University of Silesia. The works present contents of the Twisted Insurrection modification in a physical form. The sculptures include equipment replicas and a cyborg. The supervisor of the thesis is Prof. Małgorzata Łuszczak from the Faculty of Arts and Educational Science of the University of Silesia.
- chosen works by the winners of the “Studencka Grafika 2021” (Student Graphic 2021) competition from the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice, coordinated by Olga Pała-Śląska.
The competition is a presentation of the student’s oeuvre in the broadly understood graphic arts. The main idea of the exhibition is to present the most interesting graphic works that were created in the current academic year. This time, due to the ongoing epidemic situation of the SARS-COV-2 pandemic, the competition will cover works made two years prior.
The pieces show a broad spectrum of possibilities of graphics as a medium. From the classic techniques to objects, the contemporary and conceptual artworks are connected by the topic – feeling lost, corporeality, difficulties in human relations, and empathy towards a fellow human being.
Participants of the exhibition:
- Marianna Rodziewicz – 1st prize,
- Karolina Kruszewska – 2nd prize,
- Paulina Radomska – 3rd prize,
- and artists distinguished in the competition: Agnieszka Urbanek, Igor Warykiewicz, Jakub Padula, Oleksandra Popova, Szymon Poloczek, and Klaudia Brzezińska.
Photo by Markus Spiske | Unsplash