Scholarship in Doctoral School
- Everyone admitted to the Doctoral School without a doctoral degree will receive a doctoral scholarship.
- The amount of the monthly doctoral scholarship is:
– 37% of the professor’s salary – since the beginning of studies until the month in which the mid-term evaluation is carried out. In 2019, the professor’s salary is PLN 6410 gross. Thus, the amount of the doctoral scholarship is PLN 2371.70 gross or about 2104.65 net.
– 57% of the professor’s salary – after the month in which the mid-term evaluation with a positive result was carried out.
- PhD student receives a doctoral scholarship increased by 30% of the amount indicated in point 2, if he/she has a disability certificate, a disability degree certificate or a certificate under art. 5 and art. 62 of The Disabled Professional and Social Rehabilitation and Employment Act of 27 August 1997.
- The scholarship is tax-free, but is subject to pension, disability pension and accident contributions.
- The total period of receiving a scholarship in doctoral schools shall not exceed 4 years.
- The period indicated in point 5 shall not take into account the period of suspension. At the request of a PhD student, education may be suspended for a period corresponding to the duration of maternity or paternity leave and parental leave as defined in the Act of 26 June 1974. – Labour Code.
- During the suspension of education, in order to determine the amount of a doctoral scholarship, the provisions relating to maternity allowance shall apply accordingly. The basis of allowance assessment shall be the amount of the monthly doctoral scholarship indicated in point 2 which is received at the date of application for suspension.
- PhD student who submits a doctoral dissertation before the date of completion of education as specified in the curriculum, shall receive a doctoral scholarship until the date of completion of education, but not longer than 6 months.
- If PhD student’s mid-term evaluation is positive and he is employed as an academic teacher or researcher more than part-time, the amount of the doctoral scholarship shall be 40% of the monthly scholarship indicated in point 2.
- The doctoral scholarship may be increased if the university has adequate financial resources and may also vary depending on the achievements of individual PhD students.