The Faculty of Ethnology and Educational Science in Cieszyn kindly invites you to take part in the 1st International Convention for Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology Students from Central Europe titled ”Ethnology Without Borders”. The convention is going to take place between 16-18th of April, 2012 in Cieszyn.
The event is a result ofthe initiative of students from the Scientific Circle of Ethnologists together with the board of the Institute of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology, part of the Faculty of Ethnology and Educational Science in Cieszyn at the University of Silesia in Katowice and the Polish Institute of Anthropology. The Convention is designed for the ethnology students from the Visegrad Group membership countries (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Poland).
Realization of the event has been financially supported by International Visegrád Fund(http://visegradfund.org/).
Here you can download detailed programme of the event.
Main goals of the 1st International Convention for Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology Students from Central Europe are:
- tightening the relationships and enhancing the cooperation between students and academic centres both in Poland and abroad;
- tightening the cooperation between academic centres promoted by the ERASMUS programme, encouraging students to take part in the programme and visit other countries;
- promoting the Visegrád Group in Poland and Europe;
- reflecting upon the notion of multiculturalism and the role borders play in the process of shaping cultural differences;
- initiating common, intercollegiate student scientific research;
- presenting professional career prospects (scientific and research) for future ethnology graduates;
- learning about the culture of Cieszyn and the regions of Cieszyn Silesia and Beskids.