In collaboration with the University of Silesia, the Regional Teacher Development Centre ‘WOM’ in Katowice organises the Educational Festival “New Inspirations”. As part of the event, the following activities are planned: free-of-charge methodical workshops led by the consultants from the development centre and invited experts, including employees of the University of Silesia; professional and personal development classes; as well as demonstrations of actions and support for teachers offered by cultural and scientific institutions. Students can also participate in the workshops.
Moreover, everyone who is interested will be able to participate in various side events, including the 24th Publishers Fair as well as exhibitions of works by vocational students. It will also be an opportunity for establishing professional connections with different institutions. This year, the event will be held in a hybrid form – the first day will be held online, meanwhile, the second day will be held on-site on the premises of the centre.
In the programme, there are nearly a 100 free-of-charge methodical workshops and lectures for teachers of all subjects and teaching levels regarding, among others:
- a modern approach to natural science and mathematical education, mechatronics, interactive tools and applications, visual thinking,
- preschool education and early school education, including modern mathematics, integration, art therapy, speech therapy, relations,
- humanities in all aspects, including tutoring, avant-garde cinema, required reading books in the context of ecology, copyright in the school reality, artistic activities, cultural education and adaptation of people from different cultures in the school.
During the event, there are also going to take place professional and personal development classes, including classes on critical thinking, shaping social skills, linguistic manipulations, motivation, theatre, as well as meetings with representatives of the police and fire brigade.
The employees of the University of Silesia will conduct the following classes on 22 April 2022:
- 1.00–2.00 p.m. – “Różnice kulturowe − zachowania językowe i pozajęzykowe” [Cultural differences – linguistic and non-linguistic behaviours] – Agnieszka Tambor, PhD, from the Faculty of Humanities (application form),
- 1.00–2.00 p.m. – “LabView w mechatronice” [LabView in mechatronics] – Małgorzata Adamczyk-Habrajska, PhD, Associate Professor from the Faculty of Science and Technology (application form),
- 2.15–3.15 p.m. – “Magiczne materiały” [Magical materials] – Paweł Świec, MSc Eng., from the Faculty of Science and Technology (application form),
- 3.30–4.30 p.m. – “Kluczowe przesłanie edukacji w dobie kryzysu klimatycznego i środowiskowego” [The key message of education in the times of climate and environmental crisis] – Prof. Piotr Skubała from the Faculty of Natural Sciences (application form),
- 3.30–4.30 p.m. – “Lepsza sztuczna inteligencja niż naturalna głupota” [Better artificial intelligence than natural foolishness] – Lucjan Kozielski, PhD, DSc Eng., from the Faculty of Science and Technology (application form),
- 4.45–5.45 p.m. – “Wprowadzenie do tutoringu jako formy edukacji spersonalizowanej” [An introduction to tutoring as a form of personalised education] – Magdalena Christ, PhD, from the Faculty of Social Sciences (application form).
The detailed programme and application forms are available at www.womkat.edu.pl.