Ladies and Gentlemen,
I would like to invite the members of the academic community of the University of Silesia to participate in an open meeting concerning the mode of education in the current pandemic situation. It will be held online via the MS Teams platform on 9 December at 6.30 p.m.
The event follows a meeting held last Friday between the Rector and vice-rectors and representatives of the University Council of the Student Government and Faculty Councils of the Student Government. The main part of the meeting was devoted to the students’ opinions on the safety of working and studying at the University of Silesia due to the new wave of the epidemic and possible changes in the organisation of work and education. From the information provided by most of the faculties, it appears that there is a belief among the students that the University should continue to function in its current hybrid mode. The students of the most numerous faculties, however, raised doubts and called for a temporary suspension of on-site education.
However, the students of the largest faculties raised doubts and called for a temporary suspension of on-site education. We believe that making such important decisions should be preceded by a discussion among the whole community, therefore this Thursday we would like to propose a meeting, which will be divided into two parts: experts’ opinions and a discussion between the members of our community. The meeting will be moderated by Małgorzata Poszwa, Chair of the University Council of the Student Government.
During the first part of the meeting, the following speakers will take the floor:
- Jerzy Jaroszewicz, MD, DSc, Head of the Department of Infectious Diseases and Hepatology in Bytom who will present the latest scientific reports and information from hospitals on the current variants of COVID-19,
- Prof. Tomasz Pietrzykowski, National Coordinator for COVID-19 of the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland who will introduce us to national data and solutions recommended in the academic environment.
All individuals interested in asking questions in the second part of the debate will be able to access the meeting via MS Teams.
Details concerning the activation of MSTeams (Office 365) account can be found after logging onto USOS system in the „For Everyone/Office 365 Account” tab. The meeting will be recorded and made available on YouTube.
Rules for participating in the discussion during the meeting:
- if you want to ask questions during the meeting, you can do it by using the „Raise Your Hand” option,
- the debate moderator will let all subsequent volunteers speak,
- you have 1 minute to ask your question,
- you have 3 minutes to present your point of view,
- you have 3 minutes to answer and comment on other people’s point of view,
- link for members of the academic community of the University of Silesia to enable active participation in the second part of the event: teams.microsoft.com.
We look forward to chatting with you!
Rector of the University of Silesia