Quick Matura Exam Revision is an annual series of open lectures addressed to secondary school students of senior years who prepare to sit the matura exam. Lecturers of the University of Silesia offer their support in learning for the matura exam and prepare issues worth to be discussed in detail.
The organiser of the courses is the Prospective Students’ University of Silesia, operating within the Open University at the University of Silesia, which has been dealing with the organisation of preparation courses for the May exams for years.
This year’s Quick Matura Exam Revision will start on 25 October (Monday) and last until 29 October (Friday). The meetings will be carried out as free online lectures via the Zoom platform, during which you can ask questions. Therefore, people living in cities remote from Katowice can also participate in them. Evening hours are friendly for secondary school senior year students who start school in the afternoon.
The programme includes revision of Polish and Maths (basic and extended level). Lecturers will do their scientific utmost to charm with stories and myths as well as reveal to students the mysteries of solving the tasks with parameters and “show that…” questions.
All lectures are free of charge. However, prior registration is required as there is a limited number of places.
You can register by sending an email to email@example.com. In an email, write your full name and information about the lectures you select.
Schedule of this years Quick Matura Exam Revision:
- 25 October (Monday), 7 p.m. – Polish: About myths – not as Zeus scary (Magdalena Piotrowska-Grot, PhD),
- 26 October (Tuesday), 7 p.m. – Maths basic level: “Show that…” questions on the matura exam (Łukasz Dawidowski, PhD),
- 27 October (Wednesday), 7 p.m. – Maths extended level: Tasks with parameters on the matura exam (Łukasz Dawidowski, PhD),
- 28 October (Thursday), 7 p.m. – Polish: Motifs, clues, and literary topoi – the mature exam revision (Magdalena Piotrowska-Grot, PhD),
- 29 October (Friday), 7 p.m. – Polish: All you have to know about novels before the matura exam (Magdalena Piekara, PhD, DLitt, Associate Professor).
More information on the fan page on Facebook.
In November, the 6-month matura exam courses organised by the Prospective Students’ University of Silesia start. The offer features the following subjects: Polish (basic and extended level), Maths (basic and extended level), Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Citizenship Education, and History. Prepare for the matura exam with the University of Silesia lecturers. Check the courses in our offer at www.maturzysta.us.edu.pl.