Every member of the academic community is welcome to participate in the Aware University of Silesia campaign! Accessibility. The goal of the activities realised under the initiative is to broaden the University students’ and employees’ knowledge about the university’s accessibility and open a discussion on how to make studying more friendly to various groups, in particular groups with special needs. To bring closer their reality, we have invited experts and practicians who will share their knowledge and experience during webinars and specialistic consultations.
Everybody is welcome to participate in the events realised within the campaign!
- Fiona Earley: Coordinator of the Dublin City University, which has become an autism-friendly university. An autism researcher, particularly in terms of the educational path of people with a diagnosis of the spectrum.
- Maja Lipiak: The CEO of the Work from Bed marketing agency giving work to people with disabilities.
- Marta Błońska: Psychologist, educator, and trainer. She has several years of professional experience in training, including in the area of resolution of conflicts, recognition of team needs, and effective communication in various interpersonal situations.
Online events schedule
- Marta Błońska: Equal opportunities as a standard for the functioning of an individual in today’s diverse world.9 June 2021, 7 p.m.
- Fiona Earley: Creating an Autism Friendly University. 16 June 2021, 7 p.m.
- Maja Lipiak: Why do we need to create a university accessible for all? 23 June 2021, 7 p.m.
The webinars will be available on the official University of Silesia YouTube Channel and Facebook and translated into Polish and Polish sign language.
Information about individual consultation with the experts will be published on an ongoing basis at duo.us.edu.pl and on the University’s social media.
The campaign is carried out as part the project entitled “DUO – University of Silesia – accesible, universal and open”, which was co-funded under Operational Programme Knowledge Education Development for 2014-2020, Action 3.5 Complex programmes for universities.