In Katowice, in Osiedle Witosa (ul. Barlickiego 8), a new facility for refugees, Wspólny Dom (Common House), was established. It is a place where children will find a space that is safe, interesting and full of new experiences, where they will be able to develop, integrate and get to know the surrounding world, as well as learn how to care for it and be sensitive to the people around them.
The facility will organise workshops for children from Ukraine. Activities will start on 5 October 2022. Currently, there is an open recruitment for the youngest aged 5-6 to the first group of 8. Children will be able to stay in the facility all day or at selected workshops. The organisers provide care of tutors from Ukraine and/or Polish childcarers.
Frame programme of the day:
- 8.00 a.m.–8.30 a.m. – meetings with children, hygiene procedures, breakfast,
- 8.30 a.m.–10.00 a.m. – thematic workshop 1,
- 10.00 a.m.–10.15 a.m. – break + snack,
- 10.15 a.m.–11.45 a.m. – thematic workshop 2,
- 11.45 a.m.–12.15 p.m. – lunch,
- 12.15 p.m.–1.45 p.m. – thematic workshop 3,
- 1.45 p.m.–2 p.m. – break,
- 2 p.m.–3.30 p.m. – thematic workshop 4,
- 3.30 p.m.–4 p.m. – parents collect their children.
Detailed information about the workshops in October (in Ukrainian):
The project implementer is the WWN Foundation.
Contact in Polish/English: +48 602 874 110, email@example.com.