General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) information clause for the representatives, employees and collaborators of the Contracting Parties of the University of Silesia in Katowice
On the basis of Article 13(1) and (2) or Article 14(1) and (2) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27th April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”, we inform you about the manner and purpose for which we process your personal data, as well as your data protection rights, as follows:
- Personal data controller
The controller of your personal data is the University of Silesia in Katowice. You can contact the controller of your personal data in the following way:
1) by post, to the address: ul. Bankowa 12, 40-007 Katowice
2) by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data protection officer
A data protection officer may be contacted by you on all matters concerning the processing of your personal data and the exercise of rights related to the processing of the data, in the following way:
1) by post, to the address: ul. Bankowa 12, 40-007 Katowice
2) by e-mail: email@example.com
- The purposes of data processing and the legal basis for the processing
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is, according to Article 6 (1) (c), (e) and (f) of GDPR:
1) the need to use your personal data during the period preceding the conclusion of the Agreement (for the purpose of a letter of intent) and during the period of performance of the Agreement (for the purpose of its execution by the representatives of the Contracting Parties) and for the purpose of its implementation and coordination by the natural persons indicated as contacts, who are employees or collaborators of the contracting parties;
2) fulfilling legal obligations imposed on the controller, in particular those arising from accounting and tax regulations, as well as from the archiving obligation, in accordance with the applicable law;
3) performance of public tasks assigned to higher education institutions, i.e. carrying out scientific activities, provision of research services and transfer of knowledge and technologies to the economy, resulting from Article 11, Paragraph 1(3) of the Act of 20th July 2018, Law on Higher Education and Science [Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym i nauce];
4) in order to establish, seek or defend against any claims related to performance of the agreement representing a legitimate interest of the administrator.
Provision of personal data is a necessary requirement to undertake actions preceding conclusion of the Agreement (making a letter of intent) and performance of the Agreement (its execution by the representatives of the parties and ensuring its proper implementation by the natural persons indicated in the content of the said documents as contacts for the purposes of the Agreement’s coordination. Failure to provide personal data will make it impossible to achieve the aforementioned objective.
Personal data can also be obtained directly from a data subject if you voluntarily make your personal data available to the University of Silesia in Katowice within the framework of mutual cooperation based on a Letter of Intent and/or agreement.
- Categories of personal data and sources of their acquisition (refers to acquisition of personal data from sources other than a data subject)
The Party to the letter of intent and/or Agreement shall provide the University of Silesia in Katowice with personal data of its representatives, employees and collaborators – indicated in the content of the document(s), or other contact details necessary for the implementation of the agreement, in particular: name and surname, company e-mail, company telephone number, function/position and work place.
- Period of personal data storage
The controller will store personal data for the period of time required to document activities involving your participation which are related to activities undertaken before conclusion of the Agreement and during its performance, as well as after the termination or expiry of the Agreement, for the period specified in accounting and tax regulations. These periods may be extended if it is necessary to establish, assert or defend against claims arising from the performance of this agreement, until any possible claims are time-barred. The documentation will be archived in accordance with applicable laws.
- Data Recipients
We may share your data with entities rendering postal or courier services, public authorities or entities that are entitled to obtain personal data on the basis of applicable law as well as other entities cooperating with us, to the extent necessary and for the purpose compliant with the performance of the contract.
- Rights related to processing of personal data
You have the following rights related to the processing of your personal data:
1) the right to access your personal data;
2) the right to demand rectification of inaccurate personal data and supplementation of incomplete personal data;
3) the right to demand deletion of your personal data. data; This right does not apply, in particular, if the processing of the data is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation requiring such processing under the applicable law or to perform a public task;
4) the right to request limitation of your personal data processing;
5) the right to object to the processing of your personal data, due to your specific situation, in cases when we process your data due to our legitimate interest, including direct marketing or performance of a public task. NOTE: as regards processing for direct marketing purposes, you may object at any time regardless of your specific situation;
6) the right to transfer your personal data, i.e. the right to receive personal data from us, in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. You may transfer this data to another data controller or request that we transfer your data to another data controller. However, we will only do so if such transfer is technically possible. You have the right to transfer your personal data only in respect to the data which we process automatically, i.e. in electronic form, on the basis of an agreement with you or on the basis of your consent;
7) the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority dealing with personal data protection, i.e. the President of the Personal Data Protection Office [Prezes Urzędu Ochrony Danych Osobowych];
8) your data will not be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.