If you are interested in any of the degree programmes in the offer of the University of Silesia, we have something special for you – 1st and 2nd cycle Interdisciplinary Individual Studies (IIS) and Individual Teacher Training Studies (ITTS)!
Do you want to become an IT technician, but your spirit turns to its philosophical side? Are you interested in biology but spend your evenings reading criminal codes? Do you want to become a teacher who possesses bonus educational tools? You do not have to give up on any of your passions. In the College of Individual Interdisciplinary Studies you can choose a degree programme from among most of the available degree programmes of the University of Silesia and supply the mandatory classes with the ones in your fields of interest.
The most important advantages of studying in the Individual Interdisciplinary Studies mode include:
- being able to study two or more degree programmes at once (and receive more than one degree certificate as a result);
- adding more classes of your interest from the University’s offer or even from outside to your curriculum;
- the College offers additional classes: the CoIIS Modules addressed to the CoIIS students only;
- being able to follow one’s own idea of studying by combining knowledge from different fields of study;
- creating one’s own schedule;
- having a supervisor, so an academic adviser, who aims to help in one’s development
By enrolling to Individual Teacher Training Studies you can:
- receive two degree certificates and two types of competence at once;
- add more classes of your interest from the University’s offer or even from outside to your curriculum;
- participate in meetings offered by the College with a remarkable staff of practitioners and academics who are part of the educational team of the CoIIS Modules and create a small and cosy learning atmosphere in an individual orientated way;
- follow your own idea of studying by combining knowledge from different fields of study and meet the CoIIS students from other degree programmes with whom you can exchange your experiences in participating in different classes;
- create one’s own schedule;
- have a supervisor (within the subject didactics), so individual academic advisors, to help in your development.
If your interests and passions are not focused on one field only, studying in the College is the right offer for you!
The CoIIS admission process consists of three steps:
- Certificate competition and provision of additional materials (interview topics for the CoIIS and essay for the ITTS in the Online Application System.
- Competence interview stage.
- Results announcement.
All information about the admission process and the terms are available on the Online Application System website.
More information for the candidates with special needs are on the website.
We encourage you to take a look at the offer of the Interdisciplinary Individual Studies.