The meeting inaugurating „Transform4Europe – T4E: The European University for Knowledge Entrepreneurs” (T4E) project took place online on 26 January 2021. The meeting was an opportunity to begin close cooperation between the alliance partners, who could get to know one another closer, and talk about the tasks planned within the framework of T4E consortium.
The participants of the meeting were welcomed by Prof. Manfred J. Schmitt, President of Saarland University, alliance leader. He presented the vision, mission and concept of T4E. He also emphasized the significance of the alliance for educating future generations of highly skilled European knowledge entrepreneurs. The goals of the project were presented by Cyntia Oliveira, Managing Director of T4E, and then each university introduced itself with a short presentation.
Members of the consortium also told about three selected initiatives concerning:
- T4E educational paths at 1st cycle studies,
- T4E Week initiative, which will enable the integration of T4E European campus thanks to intensified short-term mobility,
- as well as activities intended to develop organisational skills, innovative entrepreneurial way of thinking, and multilingualism.
The presentations were followed by thematic sessions, which were an opportunity for the university members and external parties to get to know one another, as well as to exchange ideas and talk about the actions that have already been taken, as well as about the future activities.
The sessions focused on the following subjects:
- designing, delivering and implementing innovative curricula,
- modern e-learning environments and platforms, innovative education, as well as learning methods and tools,
- entrepreneurship based on knowledge and regional cooperation,
- involvement of students and doctoral students in the implementation of the project goals,
The University of Silesia in Katowice was represented by the Rector and Vice-Rectors of our University, as well as by Assoc. Prof. Małgorzata Myśliwiec, Professor of the University of Silesia, T4E Project Coordinator.
The participants of the meeting included: Fernando Martínez-Vara de Rey de Irezábal, Director of the Cervantes Institute in Kraków, Esther Domínguez Marín, Director for Education at the Cervantes Institute in Kraków, Joanna Jachimczuk-Lora, Deputy French Attaché for Education and University Cooperation, as well as Maria Bołtruszko, representative of the Ministry of National Education.
The consortium under T4E alliance is formed by the following seven universities: University of Silesia in Katowice, Saarland University (consortium leader), University of Alicante, Estonian Academy of Arts, St. Kliment Ohridski Sofia University, University of Trieste and Vytautas Magnus University.
Detailed information about the concept of Transform4Europe is available on the website of T4E project prepared in particular for members of University of Silesia community, as well as on the website of T4E consortium.