Prof. Ryszard Koziołek, Rector of the University of Silesia and Paweł Kuch, PhD, Director of the National Centre for Research and Development have signed a cooperation agreement to implement the ‘Teaching the future — new learning opportunities’ [Uczenie Przyszłości – nowe możliwości w zakresie kształcenia] project.
The initiative has a pilot character. Its main aim is to develop an innovative, model, and scalable system solution to be applied in higher education. Thanks to the project, students will receive support in raising their key competencies of the future.
The scope of the initiative includes:
- implementation of general academic or practical education programme adjusted to the economic, labour market, and societal needs;
- development of new degree programmes meeting the needs of the current social and economic needs;
- activities engaging employers in the development of education programme and their implementation;
- increase in the competencies of higher education participants;
- development of the educational offer of the University in terms of implementing the third mission, e.g. programmes implemented in cooperation with non-governmental organisations.
The agreement was signed during the International Congress on Education Quality.
The ‘Teaching the future’ project will be implemented under the Operational Programme Knowledge, Education and Development, Priority Axis 3 Higher education for the economy and development, Activity 3.1 Competence in higher education.
From the left: Prof. Ryszard Koziołek, Rector of the University of Silesia and Paweł Kuch, PhD, Director of the National Centre for Research and Development | Photo by Julia Agnieszka Szymala