In the latest edition of the Global 2000 ranking published by the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR), 20,531 research centres of the institution were evaluated. The list selects 2,000 of the best universities from around the world. In terms of country-specific ranking covering 40 institutions, the University of Silesia was ranked 18th. Among universities from the Silesian Voivodeship, our University took the 2nd position (behind the Medical University of Silesia).
The ranking classifies institutions based on four factors:
- Education: measured by the number of university graduates who have won prestigious scientific awards in relation to the size of the university (25%),
- Employability: the number of university graduates who occupied leading positions in the largest companies in the world in relation to the size of the university (25%),
- Faculty: number of academics who won academic distinctions (10%),
- Research: indicator analysing:
- research results: measured by the total number of scientific articles (10%),
- high-quality publications: the number of scientific articles appearing in journals with the highest prestige (10%),
- impact: number of scientific articles appearing in highly influential journals (10%),
- citations: number of highly cited scientific articles (10%).
The Global 2000 ranking has been published since 2012 by the Center for World University Rankings based in the United Arab Emirates.
The ranking results are available on the CWUR website.