The University of Silesia in Katowice organises a virtual open day for candidates for studies for the first time. The online event begins on 4 June at 9 AM.
During the Virtual Open Day, you will learn the rules of recruitment for studies, get to know the offer of study programmes in Polish and English, find out what support a student can get from us, watch specially prepared mini-lectures, as well as be able to ask questions to representatives of particular study programmes.
For those who are looking for the best place for further education and development of scientific career path, we will also present the offer of 2nd and 3rd cycle studies. Representatives of two doctoral schools and College of Interdisciplinary Individual Studies will be available for you.
Please follow the event on Facebook.
Below is the programme of the Virtual Open Day at the University of Silesia, which consists of four parts.
MEET THE UNIVERSITY OF SILESIA IN KATOWICE
Start: 9 AM
- introduction by Prof. Ryszard Koziołek, Vice-Rector for Education and Student Affairs,
- recruitment rules for Poles and foreigners plus studies in English – Dr. Agata Zygmunt (Plenipotentiary for Recruitment) and Marta Barciak (International Relations Department),
- student support – Paulina Świtała, Małgorzata Biylnik, Małgorzata Balewska (Student Service Centre),
- international exchange – Marta Żebracka (International Relations Department),
- university activity – a representative of the Student Government,
- offer for secondary school graduates – Dominika Hofman-Kozłowska and Dr. Agnieszka Wójtowicz-Zając (Open University).
MEET YOUR FACULTY OR EDUCATIONAL UNIT
Start: 11 AM
In this part you will meet closer your faculty of educational unit at the University of Silesia, listen to mini lectures, and have the opportunity to get to know additional materials prepared by the faculties and units.
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Law and Administration,
- Faculty of Natural Sciences,
- Faculty of Social Sciences,
- Faculty of Arts and Educational Science,
- Faculty of Science and Technology,
- Faculty of Theology,
- Krzysztof Kieślowski Film School,
- College of Interdisciplinary Individual Studies,
- Doctoral School,
- International Environmental Doctoral School associated with the Centre for Polar Studies.
PARTS III and IV:
MEET YOUR STUDY PROGRAMME AND STUDENT ACTIVITIES
Start: 1 PM
During the Virtual Open Day you will be able to ask questions to representatives of particular study programmes and representatives of various student activities. Some people will be available on the day of the event (4 June), while others will be available on 15-30 June.