Innovation Incubator 4.0
The programme established by the Minister of Science and Higher Education and implemented as part of the non-competition project known as “Support for management of scientific research and commercialization of the results of R&D works in scientific units and enterprises” under the Intelligent Development Operational Programme 2014-2020 (Measure 4.4).
Tasks implemented under the project:
- Initiating and strengthening cooperation between the scientific and economic environment, including searching for entities interested in implementing the results of scientific research and development works, by promoting a technological offer and participating in “science to business” exhibitions and fairs.
- Preparation of projects for the commercialization of the results of scientific research and development works, including, in particular, analyses of the market potential of inventions and analyses of their implementation readiness, as well as the assessment of industrial property rights.
- Technology portfolio management, including in particular:
- monitoring and analysing the results of scientific research or development works in terms of their practical utility,
- market needs analyses to select topics for scientific research or development work and to examine the state of technology before starting research or work,
- maintaining a database related to ongoing research projects, results achieved and the possibilities of their practical application,
- analyses of the possibility of obtaining patent protection and the possibility of commercialization of the results of scientific research and development works before their publication.
- Conducting pre-implementation works, including additional laboratory tests or adapting the invention to the needs of the interested buyer. As part of the project, it will be possible to finance pre-implementation works for projects submitted and selected in the competition procedure. Financing may include, for example, market potential analyses, implementation readiness analyses, assessment of industrial property rights, market needs analyses for the selection of research or development work topics, research on the state of the technology prior to research or works, analyses of the possibility of obtaining patent protection and commercialization of research and development work results prior to their publication, additional laboratory tests or adapting the results of R&D works to the needs of the interested buyer.
- Activities of Technology/Innovation Brokers acting as intermediaries, responsible for establishing cooperation between the scientific and economic environment, including establishment of multidisciplinary research and development teams to incubate implementation projects and conduct networking meetings that connect university and economic environment.
Project duration: July 2020–December 2022.
If you have questions, please contact:
Dorian Zakrzewski, MSc – innovation/technology broker
tel. 32 359 20 81
mobile 725 992 738
ul. Bankowa 12 (Rector’s Office room no. 152, second floor)
Area of support: biotechnology, environmental protection, ecotoxicology, chemistry, crude oil derivatives, support for the pre-implementation works, technology transfer.
Paulina Cyganik MSc Eng – innovation/technology broker
tel. 32 359 15 21
ul. Bankowa 12 (Rector’s Office, room no. 152, second floor)
Area of support: biomedical engineering, medicine, biomaterials, implantology, medical and rehabilitation equipment, computer-aided design, technology transfer.
Michał Fafiński MSc Eng – innovation/technology broker
tel. 32 359 23 44
ul. Bankowa 12 (Rector’s Office room no. 159, second floor)
Area of support: environmental protection, material engineering, clean technologies in energy and construction, making technical offers for the commercial use of scientific research results, preparing strategies for commercializing intellectual property, disseminating scientific research results among entrepreneurs.