Election of members of the University Council was held during an extraordinary session of the Senate of the University of Silesia on 22 December 2020. Piotr Uszok was elected the Chair of the Counil again.
Members of the University Council in 2021-2025:
- Prof. Adam Dziadek – Dean of the Faculty of Humanities, member of the first University Council,
- Prof. Marian Paluch – Director of the Silesian Centre for Education and Interdisciplinary Research in Katowice, member of the first University Council,
- prof. Zofia Piotrowska-Seget from the Faculty of Natural Sciences, former Dean of the Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection,
- Małgorzata Poszwa – Chair of the Student Government,
- Elżbieta Bieńkowska – former European Commissioner for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs,
- Olga Grygier-Siddons – former President of the Management Board PricewaterhouseCoopers Polish and former President of the Management Board PwC in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE),
- Mr Piotr Uszok – Chair of the first University Council, former President of Katowice.
The new Council term begins on 1 January 2021 and lasts 4 years.
The Council consists of three academic community members and three non-academic community members. The seventh member of the Council is the Chair of the Student Government.