The International Students’ Folk Festival (MSFF), whose 33rd edition, as usually, was to take place in the last week of August, has taken a unique form this year – e-MSFF “In Folk Network”.
The programme includes almost 30 events, which will be held online and shared both in social media and on the Festival website. Apart from concerts, this year’s edition will also include a series of lectures, workshops and online lessons. Workshops and lectures are held every Wednesday, whereas the artistic part is planned for Sundays. The opening lecture entitled “Roots and wings. Folklore and the world literature” starts at 8 PM on 22 July and will be hosted by Prof. Ryszard Koziołek, Rector-Elect of the University of Silesia.
The following artists will perform during the e-MSFF “In Folk Network” festival:
- Student Song and Dance Ensemble “Katowice” at the University of Silesia – host of the Festival,
- Janina Marcinkowa Student Song and Dance Ensemble “Ziemia Cieszyńska”,
- “Woda na Młyn” ensemble,
- “Skład Niearchaiczny” ensemble,
- “Kapela Fedaków” ensemble,
- “Sonalli” ensemble from Mexico,
- State Academic Ensemble Mika Mitrovich Yaratz from Serbia,
- Folk Dance Ensemble from the University of Ankara in Turkey,
- Raaga Cultural Group of Performing Art.
The event, which will be held until 30 August, is organised under the patronage of: Silesian Science Festival KATOWICE, Polish Section of CIOFF® (International Council of Organizations of Folklore Festivals and Folk Arts) and Stowarzyszenie Wytnij Hołubca.
The event is organised by the University of Silesia and co-organised by the City of Cieszyn.