On the occasion of the Interuniversity Inauguration of the Academic Year 2022/2023, the Academic Consortium Katowice – City of Science issued a publication introducing values, goals, tasks, paths of action and pillars of the European City of Science Katowice 2024.
Our readers will learn about Katowice’s path to the title of the European City of Science 2024; they will find out, among other things, about the role played by the local universities and the Silesian Science Festival KATOWICE and the changes that await the Rawa Valley and consequently the entire city and region. There will be plenty of information on the broader transformation that goes way beyond 2024; based on science, the European City of Science will help in solving a range of problems and challenges.
In the publication you can find the following articles:
- “Universities Are the Public Good” – what is the Academic Consortium Katowice – City of Science? Who is the part of it? What stood behind such a consortium? What projects within the City of Science will the Silesian universities complete? What is the closer and farther future of the Rawa? What does the idea of the European City of Science mean for Katowice and the entire region?;
- “Per scientiam ad astra. Through Science to the Stars” – what the path to be awarded the European City of Science 2024 was, starting with the talks over the Rawa to the 5th Silesian Science Festival; how the academic community perceives the Rawa and what will the City of Science be to the residents of Katowice;
- “Join the Urban Tissue” – rectors, local government members, and students tell us about what lies ahead of us, Katowice residents, university employees, students, entrepreneurs, and representatives of many branches;
- “Building the City of Science” – what the process of prototyping is about and what its role in building the City of Science is; what lies behind such terms as the “Network Science Centre” and the “Green Science Zone”; what will the functioning of laboratory in the Rawa Valley be about;
- “Paths and Pillars of the City of Science” – what thematic paths concern the scientific activity in the City of Science; what pillars are the basis of our actions resulting in the implementation of the title of the European City of Science; facts and figures of the Academic Consortium Katowice ܺ – City of Science;
- “So Far in the City of Science” – photos from joint initiatives of the Academic Consortium Katowice – City of Science in the academic year 2021/2022.
The publication will be distributed during the Interuniversity Inauguration of the Academic Year 2022/2023 taking place on 30 September 2022 in the seat of the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra in Katowice.
Reach for it and have a nice read!