Over the last few days it has become increasingly difficult to obtain quick medical help in the case of suspected SARS-CoV-2 infection in the territory of Silesia, particularly for those who do not speak Polish. Due to this, out of concern for the health and safety of employees and students, the University has begun cooperation with Centermed clinic in the field of medical consultations.
A special medical on-call duty service will be launched on 18 November 2020. About 100 academic community members per month can use the on-call consultation service.
Who is the medical care coordinator and how can they help?
The service includes the support of medical care coordinator whom you should contact to arrange a medical consultation. The coordinator will arrange the date of your on-call medical consultation based on the following criteria: availability, order of applications and urgency of your issue. On request, you will also be informed about the patient’s rights under public health care system (with primary care physicians) and guidelines for arranging an on-call consultation in the primary care physician clinic.
How to arrange a medical consultation?
- To arrange an on-call consultation, please contact the medical coordinator by phone – phone no. 32 723 29 02:
- you can call during the duty hours,
- if the line is busy, wait for the connection or leave a callback request,
- if you call outside the duty hours, you will get information about the current duty hours and about the websites where you can find the current guidelines for proceeding.
- Medical care coordinator:
- obtains only data for reporting purposes and personal data necessary to provide the on-call consultation from the patient,
- arranges the medical consultation date during the specified duty hours,
- additionally, regardless of the consultation, can provide information related to arranging a visit in the primary care physician clinic.
- On the date of the arranged on-call consultation, the physician phones the patient.
- If the patient is not entitled to benefits (based on verification in EWUŚ system), the physician sends information to the e-mail address specified by the patient, based on which they can report to the coordinator at the University to arrange a coronavirus test.
The schedule of office hours is available on: us.edu.pl/uczelnia/en/status-zabezpieczen-covid-19/.
 Number of average monthly office hours: 25. The average on-call medical consultation lasts approximately 10–15 minutes in Polish and approximately 15–20 minutes in English. Average number of on-call consultations during 1 hour: 4.