The University Centre for Creative Citizenship is devoted to shaping conscious and creative citizenship behaviours as an interdisciplinary task intended to strengthen the individual factors supporting activities to the benefit of the environment, pro-social attitude, and readiness to counter the tendencies leading to escalation of prejudice and anti-social trends.
The initiative of the University Centre for Creative Citizenship is designed as a professional offer of young academics, addressed especially towards the young and based on the following thinking principles:
a period of formative changes in the identity and personality of the future leaders of social groups, public institutions, professional teams and economic organisations
involvement of young science employees is carried out in cooperation with experienced and renowned researchers
the University Centre for Creative Citizenship is to serve the interests of local communities, helping them to recognise and describe their characteristic features and problems, and at the same time enabling them to look at their own dilemmas from the perspective of global scientific thought
the aim is to cooperate with educational institutions, self-government bodies, public institutions, economic organisations, non-governmental organisations, and inhabitants of the region, thanks to which research and implementation projects will be set in a social context
- development and implementation works focused on putting the results of scientific research into practice;
- cooperation with domestic and foreign units carrying out scientific activities;
- cooperation with organisations and institutions, in which citizenship activity poses an integral part of their activity;
- provision of research and project services;
- organisation of conferences, trainings, seminars, internships, workshops, study visits, and other entrepreneurship leading to exchange of experiences.