In the academic year 2021/2022, the University of Silesia offers an expanded educational offer of studies in English, including 10 degree programmes at 6 faculties.
Classes (lectures, laboratories, tutorials etc.) conducted in English provide students with quicker access to knowledge, and facilitate navigation among specialist databases and articles, where a majority of significant scientific achievements are published.
Thanks to the constant contact with English language, the students are able to communicate smoothly in their discipline. This means greater opportunities in the domestic labour market and opens the door to international career.
Moreover, people studying in English have a bigger chance to participate in mobility scholarship programmes. The University of Silesia has partners in 60 countries around the world, and over 700 agreements under ERASMUS+ programme.
Our University is also part of the European University under Transform4Europe alliance. Together with six universities based in Germany, Spain, Italy, Estonia, Bulgaria and Lithuania, it will educate highly qualified knowledge entrepreneurs. The international cooperation will enable our students and doctoral students to choose degree programmes from the joint educational offer, which will be prepared by the partner universities. It will allow for more effective development of language competencies in practice, facilitate academic exchange and establishing contacts with the social and economic environment, as well as strengthen the feeling of European identity.
Classes during studies in English are conducted in small groups, which increases the working comfort and translates to faster development of language competencies. Studies end with writing a diploma thesis in English. Studying in English also has a real impact on the possibility to continue education outside Poland.
Programmes conducted in English
We also encourage you to apply for studies conducted in English: https://us.edu.pl/kandydat/en/studia-angielski/.
Faculty of Science and Technology
- Physics: Fundamental and Applied Physics– full-time 2nd cycle studies;
- Physics: Nanophysics and Mesoscopic Materials, Modelling and Applications– full-time 2nd cycle studies;
- Computer Science– full-time 2nd cycle studies;
- Materials Science and Engineering– full-time 1st cycle Engineer’s degree studies;
Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Biotechnology– full-time 2nd cycle studies;
- Geography Geographic Information Systems– full-time 2nd cycle studies;
Faculty of Humanities
- English Studies: American and Canadian Studies for Intercultural Communications and Diplomacy– full-time 2nd cycle studies;
Krzysztof Kieślowski Film School
- Creative Management in New Media – full-time 2nd cycle studies;
Faculty of Law and Administration
- International Business Law and Arbitration – full-time 2nd cycle studies;
Faculty of Arts and Educational Science
- Pedagogy: Resocialization with Intercultural Education– full-time 2nd cycle studies.