Plenipotentiary of the Rector for Preventing Sexual Harassment
My name is Dagna Kocur; since 1 January 2023, I have been acting as the Plenipotentiary of the Rector for Preventing Sexual Harassment at the University of Silesia.
I am a psychologist and have been working at the USil Institute of Psychology since 2010. I carry out research and classes in sexology, communication and social psychology. I have completed postgraduate studies in clinical sexology and mindfulness, as well as numerous psychotherapy courses.
For years, I have been assisting people in our community through all kinds of hardships and difficulties. I also carry out classes in mindfulness meditation which may be an invaluable support in those tough moments. Apart from that, I am a member of the Student and PhD Student Ombudsperson team.
The scope of my duties as the Plenipotentiary of the Rector for Preventing Sexual Harassment includes:
- Receiving reports on sexual harassment.
- Carrying out an initial analysis of the reported cases.
- Providing information on the possible measures to be taken towards the cases reported at the University as well as the formal and legal aspects of the reports.
- Informing the Rector about the received reports.
- Providing psychological support to the reporting people.
- Providing guidance to the reporting people in procedures and course of actions adopted at the University.
- Initiating response procedures to the reported cases.
- Providing help and support to executive and non-executive entities at the University in educational, disciplinary and corrective actions against the perpetrator.
- Proposing solutions for preventing sexual harassment.
- Participating in research and assessments concerning the issue of sexual harassment at the University.
- Cooperating with intervention entities in cases of violating the policy of equality and respect for diversity.
- Cooperating with the Committee for Equality and Diversity Affairs.
- I provide support to employees, students and PhD students of the University of Silesia in the event of being a victim or witness of sexual harassment;
- I provide help in analysing the situation and support in making further decisions;
- I determine—along with the victim of sexual harassment—an optimal for them manner of taking further action;
- I provide help and support in clarifying the situation and informing the superiors and University authorities;
- I present information about the law on sexual offences and the labour law in regard to preventing sexual harassment in force in Poland;
- I may recommend other USil experts or an organisation or institute outside the University that might be of help in the event the reported problem lies beyond my competencies;
- I provide support in further stages of the proceedings within the taken measures.
Feel free to contact me in the event you have witnessed or experienced a situation that was or is perceived as a violation of sexual sphere or dignity in sexual sphere.
You can report the cases:
- via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- via phone: +48 451 057 918,
- during office hours:
on Wednesdays at 6-7 p.m. at the Faculty of Law and Administration at ul. Bankowa 11B, 40-007 Katowice, room 2.42.