The 18th Węgiel Film Festival has come to an end. Among the winners of the Festival is “Submission” (2020), dir. Michał Ciechomski with cinematography by Paweł Grabarek. The film was produced by the Krzysztof Kieślowski Film School, the University of Silesia in Katowice and was appreciated in the category of the Best Cinematography “for its beautiful and modest, rich and focused presentation of quite abstract, but a very contemporary story. For the fantastic use of the space, for production value, but also for the cinematography in the service of the story.”
The list of all prizes awarded by the jury of the 18th Węgiel Film Festival consisting of Piotr Domalewski, Marcin Koszałka, Lidia Damatto Moreira and Olga Chajdas:
- Best Documentary Award: “The Golden Buttons” dir. Alex Evstigneev, Russia 2019;
- Best Cinematography Award: Paweł Grabarek for the cinematography for the film “Submission”, dir. Michał Ciechomski (produced by the Krzysztof Kieślowski Film School), Poland 2020;
- Best Polish Film: “We are not friends” dir. Alicja Sokół (produced by the Warsaw Film School), Poland 2020;
- Best Feature Film: “Things Like” dir. Kálmán Nagy, Austria 2020;
- Special Mention: “Inside me” dir. Maria Trigo Teixeira, Germany 2019.
The Audience Award went to the creators of the film “Things Like” dir. Kálmán Nagy, Austria 2020.
Węgiel Film Festival was organized by students of the 2nd year of the Film and Television Production of the Krzysztof Kieślowski Film School, the University of Silesia in Katowice.