Due to the increase in the number of confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection cases in Poland, Rector of the University of Silesia, in consultation with the Team for monitoring the University operation during COVID-19 epidemic, has decided to implement at the University of Silesia the second security level, referred to and described in Ordinance of the Rector of the University of Silesia no. 179 of 16 October 2020. The University will operate in accordance with the rules of security level from 19 October until revoked.
‘I am asking the academic community members to comply with the arrangements related to the implemented security level and sanitary regime as defined by the Chief Sanitary Inspector. It is also particularly essential to follow the social distance rules, control your health condition, as well as report any cases of SARS-CoV-2 infection or suspected infection. I strongly request that the employees of units responsible for the implementation of security measures effective at level 2 monitor the status of security on an ongoing basis’, wrote Prof. Ryszard Koziołek, Rector of the University of Silesia, in the letter to the academic community of the University of Silesia.
Security level 2 (marked in orange colour) has introduced a number of changes in the University operation. The most important include:
- organisation of classes remotely; only the classes which the Dean of the Faculty considers to be necessary and possible to organise with sanitary safety can be carried out on-site,
- closing of the University buildings for third parties, with the exception of the students participating in on-site classes and individually invited guests,
- introduction of remote work for most employees, with simultaneous work performance in the premises of the University of Silesia within the scope necessary to maintain work in particular units,
- suspended organisation of academic events,
- suspended mobility of employees and students (e.g. ban on business trips and academic exchange programmes),
- ban on on visits in student residence halls (dorms) and ban on movement of inhabitants between student residence halls and teacher residence halls.
Detailed information about the introduced solutions can be found on: www.us.edu.pl/uczelnia/status-zabezpieczen-covid-19/poziom-2.