Jury of the Professor Józef Pieter Award has selected nominees for the award. The competition is addressed to teachers who work in primary and secondary schools in the Silesian Voivodeship.
- Edyta Duffek – English teacher in Stefan Żeromski II High School in Dąbrowa Górnicza;
- Ewa Wawoczny – Polish teacher in I Primary School with Integrated Classes in Racibórz;
- Katarzyna Paliga – library teacher in Alfred Szklarski 29th Primary School with Sport Classes in Dąbrowa Górnicza;
- Halina Pospieszałowska – teacher in Fryderyk Chopin Music School in Bytom and in Karol Szymanowski second-degree State Music High School in Katowice;
- Krzysztof Smyczek – teacher in Jan Sobieski the 3rd School Complex no 6 in Jastrzębie-Zdrój and Practical Education Centre in Jastrzębie-Zdrój.
The award was established in October 2022 on the initiative of the Rector of the University of Silesia in Katowice and the Professor Józef Pieter Foundation, in cooperation with GZM Metropolis. The laureate is selected by the jury of the Professor Józef Pieter Award and announced during the Award gala on 14 October each year. The winner receives a statuette and PLN 20,000.
You can read more about the nominees and the award on the website: us.edu.pl/nagrodapietera.