Doctoral students at the Doctoral School have to complete three tutoring cycles of 10 hours each during the entire education period. It is the doctoral student, together with the supervisor, who determines when, with whom, and for what purpose expert tutoring will be conducted.
The tutor may be an academic teacher employed at the University of Silesia or another person – an expert from an external institution or university, Polish or foreign. It is up to the doctoral student and the supervisor to find a tutor and establish cooperation.
More about the purpose and principles of tutoring: https://us.edu.pl/szkola-doktorska/ksztalcenie-indywidualne/tutoring/.
Tutor application for the 2023/2024 academic year
- The first stage of applications took place in the previous academic year, in April. Doctoral students could then report tutors who were academic teachers employed at the University of Silesia for the next academic year. These applications have all been registered in USOS and should be implemented (note, tutoring is registered in discipline groups, i.e., all doctoral students of one discipline and their tutors as group leaders). If a doctoral student withdraws his/her declaration, please get in touch with the Doctoral School office immediately and clarify this with the registered tutor.
- The current registration is supplementary and concerns:
- Nominating tutors from outside the university, only from Poland
- Nominating tutors by first-year doctoral students – both tutors from the University of Silesia and from outside the University
Registration link: https://formularze.us.edu.pl/form/index/4440
Registration deadline: December 6 at 12:00. After this date, it will not be possible to nominate tutors from the University of Silesia, and in the case of external tutors from Poland, individual consent from the area coordinator will be required.
- Applications from tutors from outside Poland will be collected only at the beginning of 2024. Thanks to obtaining funding from the STER program (more: https://us.edu.pl/szkola-doktorska/2023/11/02/program-ster-nawa/), The Doctoral School can provide financing for 10 tutoring cycles in each year of the project. Admission must be launched during the project duration, and the project starts on January 1, 2024. Therefore, we encourage you to look for such cooperation opportunities now, and we will announce it officially at the beginning of the year.
Note: financing of tutoring with people from outside the University of Silesia, both from the university budget and from the STER program, does not include funds for mobility. Therefore, such tutoring should be planned remotely or during mobility, for which the doctoral student is provided funding.
The person responsible for tutoring in the Doctoral School office is Ms. Agnieszka Szewczyk
More information: https://us.edu.pl/szkola-doktorska/en/ksztalcenie-indywidualne/tutoring/