The Online Application System for studies at the University of Silesia in Katowice, which is one of the largest and most dynamically growing Polish universities offering innovative solutions in education and friendly space for conducting research, will be launched on 25 July 2020 at 12:00. The classes take place in four cities of the Silesian Voivodeship that are attractive for young people: Katowice, Sosnowiec, Chorzów and Cieszyn.
For the academic year 2020/2021, we have prepared a rich educational offer, corresponding to the latest scientific trends and labour market expectations, as well as enabling students to develop their hobbies and interests, get to know many interesting people and find the future dream job. The candidates can choose among many various programmes and majors in the field of humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, technology and arts, whereas the individuals whose interests go beyond the traditional educational framework have the option of individual interdisciplinary studies that allow them to develop many skills at the same time, by selecting classes from all programmes available at the University.
The University of Silesia conducts innovative scientific research and projects, as well as communicates science, e.g. by organising the Silesian Science Festival KATOWICE. Students can extend their knowledge and passion by being involved in different kinds of student research groups, associations, student organisations and academic media.
Online Application System – log in from 15 July 2020
Online Application System (IRK) in the academic year 2020/2021 will be launched on 15 July 2020 at 12:00.
You can apply for full-time and part-time 1st cycle studies, 2nd cycle studies or long cycle studies.
Initially, applications can be submitted until 23:59 on 20 August 2020. Detailed information about the admissions is available on the following websites:
Programme yourself to study
The University of Silesia has prepared a special online quiz for candidates called „U-kierunkuj się!” (Programme yourself to study at the University of Silesia), which will help them choose the right study programme for themselves. After answering several questions, the candidates will receive a list of specially selected 1st cycle and 2nd cycle study programmes which match their interests. The app which is available on: www.ukierunkujsie.us.edu.pl, is for informative purposes only.
Educational novelties 2020/2021
The University of Silesia expands and improves its educational offer every year, launching new programmes and majors, which correspond to the labour market needs and meet the employers’ expectations, as well as provide new opportunities for developing the candidates’ interests.
New study programmes:
- Environmental Management – full-time 2nd cycle studies – Faculty of Law and Administration,
- Aquamatics – Interdisciplinary Aquatic Environment Management – full-time 2nd cycle Engineer’s degree studies – Faculty of Natural Sciences,
- Digital Communication – full-time 1st cycle studies – Faculty of Humanities,
- Creative Writing and Publishing Marketing – full-time 2nd cycle studies – Faculty of Humanities,
- Individual Teacher Training – full-time 1st cycle studies – College of Interdisciplinary Individual Studies.
New study level:
Promotional and Crisis Communication – full-time 2nd cycle studies – Faculty of Humanities.
Study in English
Candidates can also choose to study in English. Classes (lectures, labs, tutorials, etc.) run in small groups enable the students to acquire the English terminology and communicate actively in this language without the need to leave the country.
Programmes and majors in English:
Faculty of Science and Technology:
- Physics: Theoretical Physics – full-time 2nd cycle studies
- Physics: Nanophysics and Mesoscopic Materials, Modelling and Applications – full-time 2nd cycle studies
- Computer Science – full-time 2nd cycle studies
- Materials Science and Engineering – full-time 1st cycle Engineer’s degree studies
Faculty of Natural Sciences:
- Biotechnology – full-time 2nd cycle studies
- Geography: Geographic Information Systems – full-time 2nd cycle studies
Faculty of Humanities:
- English Studies: American Studies for Intercultural Communications and Diplomacy – full-time 2nd cycle studies
Krzysztof Kieślowski Film School:
- Creative Management in New Media – full-time 2nd cycle studies
Faculty of Law and Administration:
International Business Law and Arbitration – full-time 2nd cycle studies
University of Silesia Admissions fanpage
The future students of the University of Silesia can use the University of Silesia Admissions fanpage on Facebook, where they can find current news about admissions and ask questions.
Information desk for candidates
The candidates who have questions related to admissions may contact the information desk located in the Rectorate of the University of Silesia (Katowice, ul. Bankowa 12, room no. 10). Please contact us by telephone or e-mail:
- 32 359 18 10, 32 359 18 80, 32 359 17 70, 32 359 16 22,
- mobile phone no. +48 667 771 009,
- e-mail: email@example.com.
The information desk will be open from Monday to Friday (7:30-15:30).