The tables below show the fees in the academic year 2020/2021 for:
- part-time programmes;
- repeating courses within full-time programmes due to negative assessment results, including courses repeated after readmission;
- courses that are not included in the curriculum, including a second and further major and catch-up courses;
- programmes taught in a foreign language;
Tables with fees for the academic year 2020/2021
- Tables of tuition fees for educational services in the cycle which began in academic year 2020/2021
- Tables of tuition fees for educational services in the cycle which began in academic year 2019/2020
- Tables of tuition fees for educational services in the cycle which began in academic year 2018/2019 and in the previous years. The foreigners who began their studies in academic year 2018/2019 and in the previous years shall pay fees for educational services at the rates applicable in the year when they began their education.
A student is obliged to pay the tuition fees by the following deadlines:
• 5th October for the winter semester,
• 5th March for the summer semester.
Payment divided into three instalments:
a) for the winter semester:
• 15th October, the first instalment,
• 15th November, the second instalment,
• 15th December, the third instalment.
b) for the summer semester:
• 15th March, the first instalment,
• 15th April, the second instalment,
• 15th May, the third instalment.
The tuition fee is considered paid when the amount due is booked in the University’s account.
When a student does not pay the full tuition fee by the relevant deadline, it is assumed that the fee will be divided into instalments.
The one-time payment entails a discount of PLN 150 in relation to the payment divided into three instalments. If the one-time payment is made after the deadline, however, the discount does not apply.
Tuition fees should be transferred to individual student accounts. Students of full-time and part-time programmes can check the bank account number by logging in to USOSweb.
The bank account number can be checked in USOSweb, under FOR ALL (DLA WSZYSTKICH).
Students who study several different programmes at different faculties have several different bank account numbers, depending on the number of faculties.
Technical assistance related to the USOSweb system can be obtained by contacting the Study IT Service Department.
1. The tuition fee is to be returned to a student in full if:
1) the student submits to the head of the unit a written resignation before the classes start;
2) the classes have not started;
3) a foreign national, for reasons beyond his/her control, has not registered as a student, i.e. s/he has been refused a visa necessary to enter Poland.
2. The tuition fee is to be returned to a student in part, for the time remaining until the end of the period for which the student has paid, starting from the day following the one on which:
1) the student submitted a resignation;
2) the decision on expelling the student for reasons other than specified in point 1 became final.
3. The University transfers the returned tuition fee to the current bank account that the student has specified in writing.
4. The University does not cover the cost of bank transfers, including international transfers, if the tuition fee is returned for reasons depending on the student.
Returning tuition fees to foreign nationals who started to study before the academic year 2019/2020
Tuition fees are returned for the period when the student is not receiving education if the foreign national:
1) has been granted a leave;
2) has resigned due to health problems confirmed by a doctor’s certificate;
3) has resigned for other important reasons beyond his/her control, for which there is appropriate evidence.
The Rector’s Decree No. 86/2019 of 28th June 2019 is applicable to students (Polish citizens and foreign nationals) who started to study in the academic year 2019/2020 or later.
The University of Silesia Senate’s Resolution No. 328 of 23rd September 2014 is applicable to students (Polish citizens) who started to study before the academic year 2019/2020.
The University of Silesia Senate’s Resolution No. 552 of 22nd March 2016 is applicable to students (foreign nationals) who started to study before the academic year 2019/2020.