The call for proposals for module designs under the University Educational Offer for 2023/2024 has begun.
The call for module designs to be implemented under the University Educational Offer (OOD) for 2nd cycle studies in the academic year 2023/2024 was launched on 1 February 2023. As part of the call, each academic (or a team of two or three people) may submit proposals for any number of modules, taking into account the criteria and requirements specified in the regulations. To participate in the call for proposals, syllabus drafts must be submitted by 28 February 2023 through the remote application form. The conclusion of the call for proposals and the announcement of the results will take place on 15 March 2023. The final version of the educational offer for the academic year 2023/2024 will be announced on 15 April 2023.
The aim of the University Educational Offer is to provide students of the University of Silesia with an opportunity to take advantage of a wide range of extracurricular classes combining various scientific approaches and fields of scientific inquiry as well as including in their content the most important issues and phenomena of contemporary life. The submitted module designs will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- universality — the prerequisites do not include any knowledge in the discipline to which the modular learning outcomes relate,
- interdisciplinarity — the topics include elements exceeding and/or combining issues from outside one discipline, field, or even area of science, including those dealing with current problems requiring cross-disciplinary scientific approaches and discourses involving multiple perspectives,
- openness — the topics include open and flexible forms of teaching, allowing students representing various fields and specialisations to participate,
- stimulating nature — the modules contribute to broadening students’ competencies by using content and methods that inspire self-developmental activities in relation to their current interests and future professional projects,
- originality — issues proposed within the framework of university-wide modules do not repeat the content of core modules offered within degree programmes.
The academic year 2023/2024 will be the second year of operation for OOD modules selected in the call. The experiences gathered in the current academic year reassure us of the value of this venture, while suggesting paths for improving the organisational solutions adopted. Advice on what to look for when creating a submission can be found on the University Educational Offer website under the module design call for proposals tab (konkurs na projekty modułów). A list of the modules that were selected in the last year’s call for proposals is available under the current OOD offer webpage.
If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail.
 The OOD is a response to Section 5 and Section 9 of Resolution No. 490 of the Senate of the University of Silesia in Katowice of 28 January 2020, which stipulate that students following degree programmes outside the humanities and/or outside social sciences must obtain a certain number of credits in classes in the humanities and/or social sciences (Section 5), and stipulate the presence of course modules in master’s degree studies that enable their implementation at the university level (Section 9). The method of organising classes within the framework of the OOD is specified in Regulation No. 155 of the Rector of the University of Silesia in Katowice of 13 September 2021.