Position: PhD student in physics discipline
Unit of the project realization: Faculty of Science and Technology – University of Silesia in Katowice
Unit realizing the PhD student education: Doctoral School at the University of Silesia in Katowice
The scholarship applies to theoretical research of molecular friction of polymers in dilute and concentrated solutions. The main tool of research are molecular dynamics simu-lations. The research will be carry out within the project funded by the National Center Science: “Molecular spectroscopy of polymer chains” (2019/35/O/ST3/00936) under supervision of dr. hab. Jarosław Paturej, prof. UŚ. The research is a collaboration work between the University of Silesia and Leibniz Insitute for Polymer Research (IPF) in Dresden (Germany). It is expected from the PhD candidate to carry out some of the research tasks during six month visit at the IPF.
Duration of the scholarship: 48 months
Scholarship amount: 5000 PLN (for the first 24 months), 6000 PLN (for the last 24 months)
- Master of science in the field of physics, chemistry or related sciences.
- Proficiency in programming language (C, Fortran or Python)
- Proficiency in English that allows for publishing research results.
- High motivation to carry out research.
- Documented scientific track record will an advantage.
- Cover letter with description of scientific interests
- List of publications
- The copy of MSc
- Two reference contacts.
Candidates should register in IRK system and select „Doctoral School – admission to a grant”.
Documents should be delivered till 13.12 2021 to an e-mail: email@example.com
In case of any questions, before the formal application please contact to the grant leader for the e-mail address given above.