You can find below information concerning studying at the Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU), the University of Silesia partner.
Important! If you are interested in studying at CUPL, please contact our International Cooperation Office: firstname.lastname@example.org, 32 359 24 38 before April 25!
To all official application emails to Chinese universities (CUPL, BFSU), please add prof. dr hab. Ewa Rott-Pietrzyk, the Deans’ plenipotentiary for internationalization.
I’m pleased to inform you that our application system https://study.bfsu.edu.cn/member/login.do for Fall 2022 exchange students will be open from March 15 to May 31, 2022! Please note that our nomination deadline is May 15, and application deadline is May 31.
- Applicants’ home institutions must have student exchange agreements with BFSU, and the agreements must be still in force.
- Applicants must be full-time degree students registered in the home institution. They should first gain recommendation from the home institution, which will then send the nomination form to BFSU.
III. In consideration of cultural exchange and mutual learning with other countries, applicants should in principle be foreign students without Chinese nationality.
- In addition, applicants should also meet the general application requirements and the admission requirements of the applied major. For more information, please refer to our website https://osao.bfsu.edu.cn/info/1042/1694.htm.
While previous experience of the Chinese language is not necessarily required for the admittance to the exchange program at the School of Chinese Language and Culture, BFSU, incoming exchange students must acquire the Chinese proficiency HSK Level-5 with at least a mark of 180 if they wish to be enrolled in academic courses offered in Chinese, and English proficiency on par with IELTS 6.0 overall if they wish to be enrolled in academic courses offered in English.
Here comes some details you may encounter when going through application for Fall 2022 exchange. Please read it carefully before applying online!
- Passport: If you need to RENEW it, please do it prior to application! Once you applied, your passport number can’t be changed. We are not responsible for any further visa queries if you change your passport number after application.
- Student Affirmations: you need to sign it and submit online.
- Custody release form: All students are required to fill it up and get it signed according to Chinese law. Your parents can be your guardian if they have jobs. You cannot be your own guardian.
- Study Duration: There are 2 study duration options in BFSU, 1 semester or 1 year, please choose the one that suits your case.
- The guarantor in China in charge of you case is not necessarily a Chinese guarantor. While studying in China, you may run into something urgent. That is why and when we turn to your guarantor to help you out of trouble. If the guarantor is a Chinese or someone physically in China, we do appreciate. But, if such a person in China is not available, your parent, or some of your friends and relatives is also suitable as your guarantor.
- Recommendation letter: for such a letter, you can either go to your professor or your home university’s Exchange Students Affairs Office. Usually, you can have their help.
Important!!! Application deadline: May 31st, 2022. Kindly bear in mind that we shall not accept applications after the deadline.
BFSU is constantly monitoring the pandemic situation, and we will update you and your nominated students to any effects this may have on our upcoming semester. Please do not hesitate to ask if you or your students have any questions about the application process or studying at Beijing Foreign Studies University. I’m happy to help!
Overseas Students Affairs Office
Beijing Foreign Studies University