Study in China – BFSU
Dear Students of the Law Faculty and Administration of the University of Silesia!
You can find below information concerning studying at the Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU), the University of Silesia partner.
BFSU informs you that their application system for Fall 2021 exchange students will be open from April 10th—May 31st!
Important! If you are interested in studying at CUPL, please contact our International Cooperation Office: firstname.lastname@example.org, 32 359 24 38 before May 14th.!
To all official application emails to Chinese universities (CUPL, BFSU), please add prof. dr hab. Ewa Rott-Pietrzyk, the Deans’ plenipotentiary for internationalization.
Before getting down to the application procedures, BFSU shares with you the following information:
- From 2019, it has been stipulated that all the international students’ documents need to be checked by the Ministry of Education in China. That means we as universities cannot enroll students ourselves without permission from China’s Ministry of Education. We must submit all the students’ information to China’s Ministry of Education system and wait for being approved before sending out admission letters and related materials. Therefore, the duration of enrollment and admission will run longer than previously, which we hope all partners and students can give us understanding and wait for our admission notices patiently.
- Due to the coronavirus, China has decided to temporarily suspend entry into China by foreign nationals holding visas or residence permits. Our university’s enrollment and admission run as usual. Nevertheless, we cannot send out admission letters unless being officially notified by the Chinese government. We plan to start our fall semester 2021 as scheduled, but the exact starting date may vary depending on the COVID-19 situation. Also, the teaching mode for the 2021 Fall Semester has not been decided yet. Hopefully, we can resume our physical mobility. Suppose in-person teaching is still infeasible due to the global sanitary situation, national policy, and restrictions on international travel. In that case, our university will indeed carry out the fall semester virtually (online studies instead of face-to-face teaching).
Overall, we encourage all students to finish our online application by the designated date. We will keep you updated if any new information comes in.
Please note that our nomination deadline is April 15th, and the application deadline is May 31st.
- Applicants’ home institutions must have student exchange agreements with BFSU, and the agreements must be still in force.
- Applicants must be full-time degree students registered in the home institution. They should first gain a recommendation from the home institution, sending the nomination form to BFSU.
III. In consideration of cultural exchange and mutual learning with other countries, applicants should, in principle, be international students without Chinese nationality.
- Also, applicants should also meet the general application requirements and the applied major’s admission requirements. For more information, please refer to our website https://osao.bfsu.edu.cn/info/1044/1557.htm.
The Chinese language’s previous experience is not necessarily required for admittance to the exchange program at the School of Chinese Language and Culture BFSU. However, exchange students must acquire Chinese proficiency in HSK Level-5 (with at least a mark of 180 if they wish to be enrolled in academic courses offered in Chinese). English proficiency on par with IELTS 6.0 overall if they wish to be enrolled in academic courses offered in English.
Here comes the application process for Fall 2021 exchange students in a nutshell. Please read it carefully before applying online!
- Passport: If you need to RENEW it, please do it before application! Once you applied, your passport number cannot be changed. We are not responsible for any further visa queries if you change your passport number after application.
- Admission documents: You need to use our admission documents to apply for an X visa (student visa) for entry to China. Admission documents for ALL will be sent to you TOGETHER to your home university teacher, not individually to each. There is a suggestion that you apply online about the same time soon after our system is open (to prevent late delivery).
- Dormitory: New students cannot reserve dormitory online before registration. The room reservation system, which you may locate in our service system, is for old/current students, not new students. All new students can only choose among rooms available (inside the campus and outside campus) on the registration day.
- Student Affirmations: you need to sign it and submit it online.
- Custody release form: All students are required to fill it up and get it signed according to Chinese law. Your parents can be your guardian if they have jobs. You cannot be your guardian.
- Study Duration: There are 2 study duration options in BFSU, one semester or one year; please choose the one that suits your case.
- The guarantor in China in charge of your case is not necessarily Chinese. While studying in China, you may run into something urgent. That is why and when we turn to your guarantor to help you out of trouble. If the guarantor is Chinese or someone physically in China, we do appreciate it. If you have not a person of this kind in China is not available, your parent or friends and relatives is also suitable as your guarantor.
- Recommendation letter: for such a letter, you can either go to your professor or your home university’s Exchange Students Affairs Office. Usually, you can have their help.
- Airport pick-up: airport pick-up schedule will be enclosed in our admission documents package; hence, no need to make an online reservation.
Important!!! Application deadline: May 31st, 2021.
BFSU is constantly monitoring the pandemic situation, and we will update you and your nominated students on any effects this may have on our upcoming semester. Please do not hesitate to ask if you or your students have any questions about the application process or studying at Beijing Foreign Studies University.
Ms. Gloria Shao
Overseas Students Affairs Office, Beijing Foreign Studies University
Application website: http://study.bfsu.edu.cn
Email address: email@example.com
Domitory : (86-10)88816424; visa：(86-10)88818781；Application: (86-10)88816549