RECTOR OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SILESIA IN KATOWICE
announces the open call for the position of scholar/student in the group of research staff in research project led by Dr Eng. Agnieszka Martyna
Place of work: Faculty of Science and Technology, Institute of Chemistry
Job location: mostly online, if stationery – Szkolna Street 9, 40-006 Katowice
Number of available positions: 1
Key words: chemometrics, statistics, preprocessing of chemical signals, chromatography, spectroscopy, three-way datasets, programming, data treatment, data analysis, data exploration, chemometric and statistical models development and validation
- conducting scientific research as a part of the project entitled „Improving computational strategies based on hybrid likelihood ratio models in the analysis of the similarity of two-dimensional signals recorded in hyphenated analytical techniques”,
- active participation in code preparations for applying chemometric and statistical tools for two-dimensional signals (mostly GC-MS data) preprocessing,
- Master’s student or PhD student in chemical sciences or computational sciences, or related,
- documented experience in programming in R or Matlab. Python language will be of advantage,
- appreciated is the experience in programming, with a special focus on chemometric modeling and chromatograms and spectra preprocessing, confirmed, if possible, by at least one publication in this scope, indexed in the Web of Science or Scopus,
- appreciated is the basic knowledge of the nature of signals being outcomes of analytical hyphenated techniques (e.g. GC-MS) organized in the form of three way datasets for multiple samples,
- appreciated is the basic knowledge of three-way data analysis in chemistry,
- readiness to explore the potential and suitability of many computational techniques for data pretreatment and analysis,
- readiness to work using git tools,
- fluent and communicative English skills,
- ability to write scientific publications in English.
- presentation of minimum one letter of recommendation,
- readiness to work in a research team,
- readiness to work mostly or even exclusively online,
- self-reliance and good work organization skills,
- proactive attitude and initiative.
- scholarship for six months starting from January 2022, with an opportunity to extend this period,
- remuneration in the amount of PLN 4,000 gross per month,
- task-based working time.
- scientific resume (CV) and cover letter,
- copies of documents confirming the qualifications (Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma, confirmation of the student’s status, diploma confirming the programming skills),
- list of publications, if applicable,
- a letter of recommendation,
- other documentation confirming achievements in the scientific work.
SCHEDULE OF THE CALL:
- application submission deadline: 28thNovember 2021 (11.59 p.m.)
- the selection process is extended and will be concluded until 12th December 2021.
The required documents shall be submitted electronically by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received after the deadline, incomplete applications and applications submitted in any other way than defined in the open call announcement shall not be considered. The University reserves the right to leave the call unresolved.