EDUCATIONAL AND METHODOLOGICAL ELECTRONIC TEXTBOOK “METHODS OF TEACHING MATHEMATICAL WORD PROBLEM SOLVING TO PUPILS OF GRADES 1-4”
Svitlana Skvortsova, Yana Haievets K. Ushynsky South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University (Ukraine)
Oksana Onopriienko National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine (Ukraine)
Abstract: The article focuses on the structure and peculiarities of the content filling of the educational and methodological electronic textbook “Methods of teaching mathematical word problem solving to pupils of grades 1-4”. The authors describe the methods of its usage in the process of students’ self-guided work on the course “Methods of teaching mathematics in primary school”. The paper presents the results of the experimental work on introducing this educational and methodological electronic textbook to the process of methodological training of future primary school teachers at the state institution – the K. Ushynsky South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University.
Keywords: educational and methodological electronic textbook, training of future primary school teachers, course “Methods of teaching mathematics”, teaching mathematical word problem solving.
- Androshchuk, I., & Androshchuk, I. (2017). Technology for development of textbook on handicraft methodology. Information Technologies and Learning Tools. 61(5). 24-35. ISSN 2076-8184. [in Ukrainian].
- Draft order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine for public discussion (2018). “On approval of the provisions on the electronic textbook”. Retrieved from https://mon.gov.ua/ua/news/mon-dlya-gromadskogo-obgovorennya-proekt-nakazu-pro-zatverdzhennya-polozhennya-pro-elektronnij-pidruchnik (accessed 1 July 2019). [in Ukrainian].
- Gushchenko, V., & Potsulko, O. (2015). Electronic textbook as a basic element of modern educational environment. Innovative technologies of formation of the personality of the future specialist (pp. 273-287). Retrieved from http://repository.kpi.kharkov.ua/bitstream/KhPI-Press/21626/1/Elita_2015_44_Hushchenko_Elektronnyi.pdf (accessed 1 July 2019). [in Ukrainian].
- Ivanova, E., & Osmolovskaya, I. (2016). Electronic textbooks: didactic aspect. In S. Ivanova, E. Nikulchev (ed.) International Conference on Education Environment for the Information Age (EEIA-2016) / SHS Web of Conferences, Vol. 29. – CEDEX A: E D P Sciences, 2016. DOI: 10.1051/shsconf/20162901055. ISSN 2261-2424.
- Petukhova, L. (2007). There are theoretical bases of preparation of primary school teachers in the conditions of information and communication environment: monograph. Kherson: Aylant, 2007. – 200 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Sagan, O., Haran, M., & Liba, O. (2018). Formation of the methodical-informatic competence of primary school teachers. Information Technologies and Learning Tools, 65(3), (pp. 304-315). Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.33407/itlt.v65i3.1942 . ISSN: 2076-8184.
- Sheen, KA, & Luximon, Y. (2017). Student perceptions on future component of electronic textbook design. Journal of Computers in Education. Springer Berlin Heidelberg/ 4(4), December 2017. 371–393. DOI: 10.1007/s40692-017-0092-7. ISSN: 2197-9987 (Print). 2197-9995 (Online).
- Skvortsova, S. (Eds.). (2018). Electronic textbook of mathematics for elementary school as a means of teaching children of digital generation: advantages and disadvantages. In O. Czashechnikova (ed.) Development of intellectual abilities and creative abilities of students and students in the process of teaching disciplines of the natural and mathematical cycle ITM + plus – 2018: materials of the III International scientific and methodical conference (November 8-9, 2018, Sumy). 2(1). Sumy: Publishing and Production Enterprise “Mriya”, 2018 (pp. 267-269). ISBN 978–617–7487–39–4. [in Ukrainian].
- Skvortsova, S., & Britskan, T. (2019). Training of Primary School Teachers for the Use of Information Technology Teaching Mathematics. In M. Hruby (ed.) Proceedings of the international conference MITAV 2019 (Matematika, Informační Technologie a Aplikované Vědy). (p. 31) Brno (Czech Republic).
- Skvortsova, S., & Haievets, Y. (2013). Future primary school teachers’ training for teaching primary school students to solve narrative mathematical problems: monograph. Kharkiv: Ranok-NT, 2013, 332 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Skvortsova, S., & Haievets, Y. (2016). Methods of teaching pupils of grades 1-4 solving mathematical word problems: an electronic educational manual for students of pedagogical institutes of higher education and primary school teachers. E-books: 1.12 GB. – Odesa, South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D. Ushynskyi, 2016. – 1 electronic optical disk (DVD-ROM); 12 cm – Systems. Requirements: Autoplay Menu Designer 3.6, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, Adobe Flash Player. – Name from the container. [in Ukrainian].
- Skvortsova, S., & Haran, M. (2017). Training for primary school teachers in teaching mathematics using information technologies. In E. Smyrnova-Trybulska, Effective Development of Teachers’ Skills in the Area of ICT and E-learning, “E-learning”, 9. Katowice – Cieszyn: Studio Noa for University of Silesia (рр.419 – 436). ISBN: 978-83-60071-96-0, ISSN: 2451-3644, eISSN: 2451-3652.
- Skvortsova, S., & Haran, M. (2018). The constructor of multimedia lecture presentations as a means of studying the discipline “Methodology of teaching mathematics at primary school”. In E. Smyrnova-Trybulska, E-learning and Smart Learning Environment for the Preparation of New Generation Specialists. „E-learning”. 10. Katowice – Cieszyn: Studio Noa for University of Silesia (pp. 531-549). ISBN: 978-83-66055-05-6, ISSN: 2451-3644, eISSN: 2451-3652.
- Smyrnova–Trybulska, E., Ogrodzka-Mazur, E., Szafrańska-Gajdzica, A., Drlík, M., Cápay, M., Tomanová, J., Švec, P., Morze, N., Makhachashvili, R., Romanyukha, M., Nakazny, M.,Sorokina, L., Issa, Tomayess, & Issa, Theodora (2016). Recommended Applications for Making Presentations and Didactic Videos. Some Research Results. In: M. Turčáni, Z. Balogh, M.Munk, Ľ. Benko (Eds), DIVAI 2016 – Distance Learning in Applied Informatics. 11th International Scientific Conference on Distance Learning in Applied Informatics Conference Proceedings, 2–4 May 2016 (pp. 235–246). Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Department of Informatics, Nitra: Wolters Kluwer. ISBN 978-80-7552-249-8. ISSN 2464-7470 (Print) ISSN 2464-7489 (On-line).
- Spivakovsky, O., Petukhova, L., & Kotkova, V. (2011). Information and communication technologies in elementary school: Educational and methodical manual for students of the direction of training “Primary education”. Kherson: KSU, 2011. – 272 p. [in Ukrainian].