THE USE OF PORTALS AND LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS IN NON-ACADEMIC TEACHING
Barbara Kołodziejczak Adam Mickiewicz University (Poland)
Abstract: Preparation of future teachers for the efficient use of technologies and their inclusion into the teaching process is one of the major educational objectives in the pedagogical field. The aim of the article was to evaluate the use of portals and educational environments in non-academic teaching. In particular, the research focused on the level and purposes of the use and utility of these types of tools in school education. The article presents the results of a pilot study conducted among second and third year students of Mathematics and Computer Science Teaching at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan (AMU) and among experienced teachers. Research shows that teachers are increasingly willing to use IT tools to support teaching, but their knowledge of portals and ready-to-use learning environments is minimal.
Keywords: learning portals, learning environmets, ICT competences, teaching
- An e-learning platform for schools. Retrieved from http://moodle.biz.pl/e-learning-dla-szkol/ (accessed 10 July 2019).
- Barak, M. (2017). Science Teacher Education in the Twenty-First Century: a Pedagogical Framework for Technology-Integrated Social Constructivism. Research in Science Education, 47(2), 283–303. doi: 10.1007/s11165-015-9501-y
- Jukes, I., McCain, T., & Crockett, L. (2010). Understanding the digital generation: Teaching and learning in the new digital landscape. Melbourne: Hawker Brownlow Education. ISBN-10: 1412938449
- Kivunja, Ch. (2014). Theoretical Perspectives of How Digital Natives Learn. International Journal of Higher Education, 3(1), 94–109. ISSN-1927-6044
- Kołodziejczak, B., Roszak, M., Ren-Kurc, A., Kowalewski, W., & Bręborowicz, A. (2016). E-assessment in medical education. In E. Smyrnova-Trybulska (Ed.), E-learning Methodology – Implementation and Evaluation (pp. 235–250). Katowice-Cieszyn: Studio Noa for University of Silesia. ISBN: 978-83-60071-86-1
- Kołodziejczak, B., Roszak, M., Ren-Kurc, A., Kowalewski, W., & Bręborowicz, A. (2014). Management of groups in distance education. In E. Smyrnova-Trybulska (Ed.), E-learning and Intercultural Competences. Development in Different Countries (pp.423–437). Katowice-Cieszyn: Studio Noa for University of Silesia. ISBN: 978-83-60071-76-2
- Kołodziejczak, B., Roszak, M., Ren-Kurc, A., Kowalewski, W., & Półjanowicz, W. (2015). Communication tools on e-learning portals. In E. Smyrnova-Trybulska (Ed.), IT tools – good practice of effective use in education (pp. 73-81). Katowice-Cieszyn: Studio Noa for University of Silesia. ISBN: 978-83-60071-82-3
- Krasnova, A., & Cewińska, J. (2014). Gamification in development and education – threats and opportunities. Research Papers of Wrocław University of Economics, 350. ISSN: 1899-3192
- Learnetic. Retrieved from https://www.learnetic.com/ (accessed 09 July 2019).
- Lee, J.J., & Hammer, J. (2011). Gamification in Education: What, How, Why Bother? Academic Exchange Quarterly, 15(2), 1–5. ISSN 1096-1453
- Librus. Retrieved from https://www.librus.pl/szkoly/systemy/e-nauczanie/opis-systemu/ (accessed 09 July 2019).
- Manage teaching and learning with Classroom. Retrieved from https://edu.google.com/products/classroom/?odal_active=none (accessed 8 July 2019).
- Microsoft Teams. Retrieved from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/ teams/ default.aspx (accessed 8 July 2019).
- Microsoft Teams for Education training videos and resources. Retrieved from https://support.office.com/en-s/article/microsoft-teams-for-education-training-videos-and-resources-926063cd-f5ab-4ded-804c-71fcafce8fdc?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US (accessed 8 July 2019).
- Prensky M. (2010). Teaching Digital Natives. Partnering for Real Learning. Thousand Oaks: Corwin Press. ISBN: 978-1-4129-7541-4
- Smyrnova-Trybulska, E. (2018). Information and Communication Technologies and E-learning in Contemporary Education. Katowice: Publisher of the University of Silesia. E-ISBN-13: 978-83-226-3071-6
- Tools for limitless learning. Retrieved from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/school-leaders/teaching-and-learning/default.aspx (accessed 8 July 2019).
- Regulation of the Minister of National Education of 14 February 2017, Journal of Laws No. 356. Retrieved from http://www.dziennikustaw.gov.pl/DU/2017/356 (accessed 10 July 2019).
- The core curriculum for primary schools. Retrieved from https://podstawaprogramowa.pl/Szkola-podstawowa-IV-VIII (accessed 10 July 2019).
- The core curriculum for secondary schools. Retrieved from https://podstawaprogramowa.pl/ Liceum-technikum (accessed 10 July 2019).